WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you think abut that...Zenton was sending mails out to their subscribers announcing

The new Zenton V45 Chrono....great lume, but 1222$ w/o shipping.

Well, I thought their first watch was already a bit overprized...but what do you know...I guess they will sell them.

You find more on their website and as always..at OceanicTime!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I think it looks awesome, seen it on Lex's blog :-!.

Of course I wish it were cheaper but that doesnt mean its not worth it. I really dont know anything about Zenton. I do know that shes a super cool looking day/date chrono b-)|>, few and far between these days.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I thought the 1st watch was slightly high but now it's not looking/sounding so bad with the V45 at 1222.00. Their up there with Zixen on the prices.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I actually think it is priced very fair considering what you get. Once you throw in the whole package of accessories, spare parts, 10 yr warranty, free service every 2 yrs, top grade movement, display back, etc...I think the price is hard to beat.:-!

Steve

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
" I am lord Zenton and i come from Uranus! "

....just had to say it, sorry

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
You will note that prices are creeping up on all boutique watches.
I agree. What signaled that to me is how Zixen watches flow out now at $1000+.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I really like Zenton watches, Michael is an incredible person to deal with, absolutely no messing around with him, first class act all the way.

The M45 is not just a motorway in England:-d, its weight tight tollerances, lume, hex bolt instead of pins and flimsy screws, movement is great , keeps wicked time, the bracelet is phenominally silky and comfortable like nothing else, NO BS it is simply awesome, the quality is extra on the Zenton. I think for what you get the price is decent , it includes an Unparagonned service for the price, it cant be touched IMO.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
it comes with a bracelet, rubber strap, leather strap and is adjusted in 5 positions. it also has a 10 year warranty - so i do not think it is over priced.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Ocean7 LM-6C (chronograph) was introduced around 2 years ago at $1699, it's now $899. For $322 more you get in this Zenton V45 near COSC top grade movement and 10 year warranty. It's price point is not unreasonable to me.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I really like Zenton watches, Michael is an incredible person to deal with, absolutely no messing around with him, first class act all the way.

The M45 is not just a motorway in England:-d, its weight tight tollerances, lume, hex bolt instead of pins and flimsy screws, movement is great , keeps wicked time, the bracelet is phenominally silky and comfortable like nothing else, NO BS it is simply awesome, the quality is extra on the Zenton. I think for what you get the price is decent , it includes an Unparagonned service for the price, it cant be touched IMO.

THAT is a MIGHTY Fine looking watch!!!! :p:p
Am on furlough, or I would have definitely bought one...in PVD

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am seriously considering the diver chrono, the day/date is looks great on this watch. Are there any owners so far? I would appreciate some thoughts.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Ocean7 LM-6C (chronograph) was introduced around 2 years ago at $1699, it's now $899. For $322 more you get in this Zenton V45 near COSC top grade movement and 10 year warranty. It's price point is not unreasonable to me.
I'm not sure that the LM-6C was that much when it was introduced. I think you may be confusing it with the LM-2C, which has a large titanium case and was higher priced than the LM-6C.

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
IMO The V45 is a great looking watch and a very fair price for what you receive... Bracelet, rubber strap, leather strap, top grade swiss ETA 7750 adjusted in 5 positions and a 10 year warranty..... that has my attention.

Info off of the Zenton web site:

what is in the box when you get your ZENTON
1. watch fitted with bracelet with butterfly buckle
2. extra bracelet links, 2 pcs
3. rubber strap with 22mm buckle
4. leather strap with 24mm buckle
5. extra diver clasp for the bracelet
6. spare screws for case lugs, 2 pcs
7. metal tubes for leather strap, 2 pcs
8. easygo pin for easy assembly of bracelet and case screws
9. screw driver (2 in 1)
10.ZENTON INTERNATIONAL 10 YEARS WARRANTY

I am seriously considering the diver chrono, the day/date is looks great on this watch. Are there any owners so far? I would appreciate some thoughts.

thanks
petenyc, I talked with Michael at Zenton earlier this week, I believe the V45 will be available for purchase next week.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks Demo.:-! I emailed Michael and waiting for his response regarding delivery and model availabilty. Kinda torn between the PVD and the stainless with black bezel, but leaning heavy towards the stainless. Lets wait and see.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
I'm not sure that the LM-6C was that much when it was introduced. I think you may be confusing it with the LM-2C, which has a large titanium case and was higher priced than the LM-6C.
took a wee bit o' research...LM-6C was introduced at $1599 in 12/07; by April 08 it was $1699, same prices as the LM-2C (but w/o its titanium bracelet which was optional +$200). LM-6C included the SS bracelet.

Mitch's words just before the two chronos were introduced 12/07:

"It [LM-6C] will probably be priced the same as the LM-2C at $1599, but that price will include the band. I haven't costed the project yet, since I just found out the cost of the movements."

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was into chronos some time ago...and the fact was/is, I never really used the chrono for anything!!. It's a complication that needs just more care and the money I had to shell out to get my SINN 156 maintenenced was considerable (but the V45 seems to be free for 10 years...one just have to read the fine print I guess). I would safe the money and go for the M45.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
hello00? Family audience here :-d

As I once said on the G-Shock forum... we sure need to be careful of all the 7 to 11 year olds on here learning about dive watches, movements, sizing bracelets, changing straps, Omega Vs. Doxa or whatever... like really... family audience??? :-s:-s:-s

1 - 20 of 22 Posts