WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Zixen Nitrox II on the link bracelet arrived a couple of days ago. The new bracelet with the integrated lug end links works really well on this watch. When I originally did my review of the prototypes on the mesh I was very impressed with the overall appearance but the new integrated bracelet looks just as good if not better IMO.

You can see my original review & photos here with all the specs:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f74/zixen-nitrox-ii-sneak-peek-453738.html

The production model I received is the black dial with black sapphire bezel insert on the link bracelet, a very classic look. I shot some new photos recently and thought you guys might like to see them.

Cheers,

-Dave

·
Registered
38,350 Posts
for comparison here is yuor wrist shot of the black with mesh...

Now I am torn between the two. The integrated looks good though the end links are not an exact match to the lug shape towards the end. I gues for smaller wrists the mesh may be better as the 7-link bracelet makes the watch look longer and sit farther out ont he wrist maybe?

Either way both look awesome and your pics rock as usual!!!
THanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Thanks Dave for the wonderful photos (all year long) I like the new bracelet on the Nit-II but the case is still missing something for me.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Those are stunning, Dave. Me drooling. If the lug length is shorter and Zixen eventually considers putting dive extension to each of their SS bracelet, that would be super sweet. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy my DSR 500 in blue ;-)

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
As usual Dave, your shots are incredible!! Enjoy and wear in good health!!

·
Premium Member
11,958 Posts
I am delighted to see that the integrated link bracelet incorporates a flip-lock clasp rather than the butterfly used on the Trimix. As much as I like butterfly clasps (and I really, really like them), without half-links for micro-adjustment they are just not practical. This combo will be much more "fittable" and that increases my lust proportionately. And, as I am not much of a mesh fan, the link bracelet was really what I wanted.

As for use diving, an extension link would be a nice addition. However, it's not that big a deal to switch over to the strap that comes with the link bracelet. Frankly, I have never seen a dive-adjustable clasp I like as much as the ratcheting clasp on the Doxa 5000T (and now 4000T). That's why I also like the Boschett Cave Dweller II, since it uses an almost identical rendition.

What also excites me about the Nitrox II is the sapphire bezel. The black/black combo shown here is exactly what I am waiting to see on the 4000T. A friend once told me that all of life is a compromise and, in this case it is the longer lug-to-lug on the Nitrox that might keep me from pulling the trigger on it. For the 4000T, the L2L is fine but the width is almost Invicta wide. I may hold out until the spring and see what Mitch and O7 work out with a bracelet on the new domed-sapphire bezel he has unveiled on their forum. That is a nice looking watch and almost perfect size ... just needs a nice bracelet to match. What was that about "compromise"?

Rob

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Very Nice! I have to agree with Jeep99dad that the end links don't seem to fit properly, and for me it be hard to get past that so I would choose the mesh. Awesome pics as always DEMO111.(could use a lesson on how to get those Great Pics)

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Pics stunning as usual. Looks better with the link bracelet to me. Havent seem many pics on the rubber though

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

I am really liking the link bracelet on the Nitrox II. I like the way the integrated end links fill the gap at the lugs. I also like the fold-over diver clasp on this bracelet. Security and fine adjustments.

·
Registered
38,350 Posts
The clasp looks the same as on the mesh right?
I am wearing min on the mesh right now, and it looks good but your pics make me want to try the integrated bracelet too....
wonder if anyone would sell theirs? :)

and man, you do take some incredible pics!!

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Brice, the clasp is the same style as on the mesh but it is a different width. The clasp on the link bracelet is wider, the bracelet does not taper. Another difference is that there are 5 fine adjustment holes on the mesh clasp, 4 fine adjustment holes on the link bracelet clasp.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If only there were some pics like this in the blue...I'm contemplating buying one soon, but I'm a little nervous. Pretty new to the Zixen brand.

·
Registered
38,350 Posts
If only there were some pics like this in the blue...I'm contemplating buying one soon, but I'm a little nervous. Pretty new to the Zixen brand.
Well I was in your shoes a week ago. Decided to buy a Nitrox II but wasn't sure between the grey and blue
Models. Went for blue and would love to own the grey too as those Nitrox rock!

Here is my blue one I hope the pic helps you. Sorry its a Q&D cell phone pic. My camera broke.

·
Registered
38,350 Posts
Brice, the clasp is the same style as on the mesh but it is a different width. The clasp on the link bracelet is wider, the bracelet does not taper. Another difference is that there are 5 fine adjustment holes on the mesh clasp, 4 fine adjustment holes on the link bracelet clasp.

Thanks Dave!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts