WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Haha, dig the company..."fake" or not. Sure it's been absorbed by a conglomerate, but still a swiss conglomerate with a nice swiss mvt an good quality control if my small sampling is any indication. My new zodiac is much higher quality than my vintage pieces (no surprise). Yes the price is higher than I'd like to see, but it seem the case with msrp on most everything. As for the watches themselves, love the look. I really enjoy my older versions, and the styling on these looks spot on to me.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Wow. Very sorry to hear about that cereal...
lol ya out of milk, decaf coffee... could have gone better ;-)

Seriously though, the original was designed and marketed as a budget skin diver, I've always liked the classic sea wolf and day dreamed about a spot on modern homage, no bigger than 40mm, would be nice to see one in the original dimensions of ~38mm. With the availability of the miyota 9015 it would be easy to make one as thin as the original too. 150-200m, classic triangle markers, thin, stainless bezel, I could be happy with plexi crystal but wouldn't feel bad if it had sapphire... and keep it affordable like the original. And I don't dislike the modern versions but there is obviously a lot of premium built into the price.

here's hoping one of the micro's will pick up the torch even with the reissue from fossil...

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I didn't realize that Zodiac was making mechanical watches again. These look pretty nice with a unique style all their own. It's nice to see these.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
IMG_3771.JPG

Here's a quick pic of my current zodiacs. The old watches have a great "vibe" with warm acrylic crystals. They wear nicely at ~35-6mm, and are instantly recognized as vintage even by folks who don't pay much attention. The new "fossil" zodiacs are much higher quality in materials and finish. Details like bezel alignment (perfect) smooth crowns and interesting case back engravings stand out. I really like the bold saturated colors. I've yet to find a blue or orange I like better. I'm also a fan of the hands. Incidentally the blue quartz is a seawolf too.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Making the Sea Wolf without a "no-date" dial option is unforgivable... totally unbalanced to my eyes. Otherwise I'd be interested.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Ah, almost cool watch. That lume color is a bit gross though, and the price is way out to lunch.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
It's a good looking vintage inspired design.

I know this size works for some guys but at 40mm diameter it would look like a woman's watch on my wrist.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Anyone pick one of these up yet?

I really like the looks and size of this one I'm thinking it may find its way into my collection at some point. If anyone has some hands on info/pics that'd be great, so far everything I've seen on this watch seems to be media/advertising no actual owners' testimonials.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Anyone pick one of these up yet?

I really like the looks and size of this one I'm thinking it may find its way into my collection at some point. If anyone has some hands on info/pics that'd be great, so far everything I've seen on this watch seems to be media/advertising no actual owners' testimonials.
I'd like to know as well, I've been studying these almost daily but have not seen any shots of one in the wild. I'm still a little put off by the price so I emailed an outfit that sells them to see if there is any sort of discount available and have heard nothing in days. I think if it were in the $800 range we'd see them but at $1200, they're in some good company of higher end pieces. I'm liking the blue bezel version myself...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yes I really like this one and have been eye balling them since the thread started but $1200. I'm not feeling & seeing that price and no disrespect to any one that has paid that, but it looks really kwel.

Teddy

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks pretty sharp. Any comments on the quality/fit/finish/accuracy? |>
This is rapidly becoming one of my favourites, it also gets the most comments. I also have the green dial Sea Dragon which was released just before the Seawolf.

The Seawolf wears great, very comfortable I sometimes for its there. As for the quality I personally think it's top notch I'm very happy with it, the dial and indices really catch the and sparkle and the bracelet tapers down giving it that vintage feel. The clasp although small is very clever the way it expands when my wrist gets hot, but never feels tight.

One thing I will say, the light blue bezel doesn't go with everything, I find light colour shirts and even a light grey suit I have wear very well with it.

I believe this version is limited to 82, wonder how many are left.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts