WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening guys,

Quick intro - just signed up, my names Ben and I'm 23. Always had a love for watches although knowledge goes no further than how good they look lol, so looking to learn plenty and hopefully build up a nice collection over the coming years.

Currently have a DKNY, Rotary and Casio G-Shock so certainly nothing special. I'm currently looking for my next addition and brands that have caught my eye are Seiko, Citizen and Nautica. Any feedback or opinions on these? I'm 6ft 3 and fairly large set so like to have a fairly big watch face, would love to hear more recommendations, budget is ideally under £250.

Cheers
Ben

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We usually like pics, but with your current collection, you get a pass ;-)

$450 and Seiko are made for each other. You need a nice Seiko Automatic.

SEIKO Automatic Presage SARX015 | seiyajapan.com

I know it's a tiny bit over budget, but the new SARX Auto's with the 6R15 are 40mm, compared to previous forum favorites the SARB Autos at 38mm, and might suit you better. I'm yet to hold one, but if it's as good as a SARB.....
Cheers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum! We usually like pics, but with your current collection, you get a pass ;-)

$450 and Seiko are made for each other. You need a nice Seiko Automatic.

SEIKO Automatic Presage SARX015 | seiyajapan.com

I know it's a tiny bit over budget, but the new SARX Auto's with the 6R15 are 40mm, compared to previous forum favorites the SARB Autos at 38mm, and might suit you better. I'm yet to hold one, but if it's as good as a SARB.....
Cheers.
Thanks for the welcome!

That does look a very nice watch. I liked the look of this one, any thoughts?

Seiko men's rose gold-plated black rubber strap watch - Ernest Jones

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think youll find that the watch Domo recommended is a fine one at that, your pick isn't a bad one at all but I think you'll find that the Seiko Presage He mentioned will offer you a great deal more value, intrigue and quality for your money, It has a solid automatic movement with handwinding an hacking, which is great for that price range. It even features a sapphire crystal, another big plus in my book.

Reactions: BenGmin

·
Registered
136 Posts
Also you could look at the Orient Star line which is fantastic value in your price range. The Hamilton Khaki Line is in your budget and another forum favorite.

Reactions: Domo

·
Registered
7,666 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So after much deliberation and searching, I've decided I'm going to hang on a bit and save for the Seiko Sumo. I love dive watches and the sumo, I think, looks awesome.

Question - I've found a site called CreationWatches.com selling them for a good price, has anyone ordered from them before and know if they're a reputable seller?

Cheers
Ben

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Welcome and you cannot go wrong with Seiko divers,as for creationwatches,never dealt with them,I bought my Seiko from Higuchi-san

1 - 10 of 10 Posts