WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
regarding the Superocean Steelfish. I love the look of this watch and want to buy it. Just became interested in Breitling (if you can believe that).

My concern is in the size of the Steelfish. I know its BIG. I previously owned a B&M Capeland which was 41MM and I have a friend who owns a Superocean Chrono at 42MM. Steelfish is listed at 44MM. Any Steelfish owners OR Breitling experts give me an idea of how much bigger 44MM to 42MM. The B&M was much smaller than the Superocean but I understand that 42MM (or 41MM) is face diameter. What about depth, weight, etc? How much bigger is a Steelfish than a Chrono?

I already find the Chrono a little big but it's probably b/c I owned that B&M for so long and also own a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust which is tiny compared to any Breitling I've seen.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Any Steelfish owners OR Breitling experts give me an idea of how much bigger 44MM to 42MM.
-Approximately 2mm ;) (Sorry, couldn't help myself!)

The 2007 Chronolog lists the Steelfish as being 16.1mm thick, weighing in at 122.5g (4.3oz) for the basic model - presumably, this is with the rubber diver strap.

The Chrono Colt is, by comparison, a dwarf. 41.1mm across, 12.9mm thick and 86.7g (3.1oz)

--
Odd Erling

1 - 2 of 2 Posts