WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I know i have a very modest collection compared to a lot of you guys but I am starting to expand my collection and got rid of a couple fashion watches (I got these when I was a student). I am looking to get two watches in the future: A nice dress watch and a nice sporty blue watch (Probably a diver).

I recently got myself the oris bcpp and I just love it ! Can you give me any inputs on what watches you would recommend (Entry level, mainly for the blue one )? I posted my "newbie collection" below.

Preferences:
Automatic
Wrist Size: 7.1 inches
Dress watch size: 38 to 40 mm
Sports watch: 42 to 44 mm
I prefer swiss watches
Budget for each watch: Can go up to 3000 USD, of course I prefer to pay less :)

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
$3000 for each will really jump your collection! For a dress watch I would look at the offerings from Junghans; I think it would stylistically match your other watches. For a sport watch $3K is pushing Grand Seiko and Tudor territory (Maybe used?) so I would hold off until you could afford one of those.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you combined your two watch budget you could get a really nice new diver like a pelagos and buy a less expensive second hand dress watch like an omega constellation….

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you combined your two watch budget you could get a really nice new diver like a pelagos and buy a less expensive second hand dress watch like an omega constellation….

View attachment 15945901

Really love this one I was comparing it to oris aquis lately, but yeah also a nice suggestion. The problem is in my country the used selection is not so good

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$3000 for each will really jump your collection! For a dress watch I would look at the offerings from Junghans; I think it would stylistically match your other watches. For a sport watch $3K is pushing Grand Seiko and Tudor territory (Maybe used?) so I would hold off until you could afford one of those.
Love the max bill! Just couldn't get to try it out and am afraid if it would be too small

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Hello, I know i have a very modest collection compared to a lot of you guys but I am starting to expand my collection and got rid of a couple fashion watches (I got these when I was a student). I am looking to get two watches in the future: A nice dress watch and a nice sporty blue watch (Probably a diver).

I recently got myself the oris bcpp and I just love it ! Can you give me any inputs on what watches you would recommend (Entry level, mainly for the blue one )? I posted my "newbie collection" below.

Preferences:
Automatic
I prefer swiss watches

Many thanks!

View attachment 15945847
For 3000 you have a lot of options. You could probably even buy 2 great watches for that. Just educate your self on the brands (that seem to appeal to you), take your time picking and in the mean time sell the ones your not keeping.

·
Registered
343 Posts
With a 6k total budget and your requirements I would probably go with an Omega Diver for your sport watch.

There are a variety of great brands to consider for a nice entry level dress watch, but I might look to Longines. Decent prices, nice quality, and various styles.

Not my pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
IMO, once your collection goes over 6 watches, you should consider adding at least one vintage watch. Vintage watches tend to run small compared to modern, but that’s part of the appeal as it sets them apart. Plan on having the movement serviced and add this to your budget when buying. A good way to get started with vintage is with King Seiko or Grand Seiko. There’s a ton of vintage Seikos out there for any budget. The King Seiko 5626 is a good one to look at as they tend to be the most reasonable for the vintage KS. Seiko will service many of their older movements for $290usd.

·
Registered
601 Posts

Preferences:
Automatic
I prefer swiss watches

Many thanks!

View attachment 15945847
If you prefer Swiss then don't deviate, go with what you want, a Tudor would be a great choice and your putting a touch of "Class" on your wrist.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.