WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Just found this forum; what a fantastic place!

Hopefully someone out there can help me find what I'm looking for. You see, I've been pining for an automatic watch for months now after drooling over a Bulova 96A101 I seen in a jewelry store. I could have had it for $300 but didn't have the cash on me.

I'm looking for a less expensive automatic to start off my collection, but haven't found the right watch yet. I'm wary of eBay, as I don't want to end up with a fake, and outside of Amazon I don't know where else to look.

I have but a few requirements:

Must be an automatic;

Must be a solid stainless steel bracelet;

Would have to have some heft to it, without weighing me down;

Preferably in between $100 and $130, but willing to go up to $150;

Exhibition back;

I was looking at some Seiko 5's, but all of the ones I've seen have the folded over links and that just turns me off.

I'm not a fan of the dive watch style in particular, but prefer something with a similar style like the Seiko 5 SNXA21K.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Look at the Seiko 5 superior range. They are more expensive than the standard 5's...but you do get a solid link bracelet, and some have sapphire crystals and greater water resistance.

Or you could get the standard 5 that you like and source a solid link bracelet for it.

A seiko 5 is a good choice in this price range. Don't be afraid of Ebay, there are some good sellers for Seiko watches. Stick to the rules BUY THE SELLER...lots of sales and good feedback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another place you can look for ideas is www.skywatches.com.sg. UPS delivery with tracking numbers, and Adrian is a reliable guy to do business with.
Great site! I've been browsing for a few minutes and like the selection.

What about Orient or Citizen? ;-)
I haven't looked at Orient yet, but will check it out. I was browsing Citizen watches on Amazon and didn't see any autos.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at the Seiko 5 superior range. They are more expensive than the standard 5's...but you do get a solid link bracelet, and some have sapphire crystals and greater water resistance.

Or you could get the standard 5 that you like and source a solid link bracelet for it.

A seiko 5 is a good choice in this price range. Don't be afraid of Ebay, there are some good sellers for Seiko watches. Stick to the rules BUY THE SELLER...lots of sales and good feedback.
Thanks for the advice. I'll check out the superior range.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Seiko and Orient both make excellent automatics. Also, Orient frequently offers discount codes for online orders which can bring several of their more expensive watches within your budget. :-!

However, as part of your "looking" at what's available, you might try checking out the Chinese Mechanical watch forum. There are some amazing mechanical and automatic watches available that you might find worth your time for that second or third watch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts