WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy all. I'm on the verge of becoming a 1st time MKII owner with an LRRP Milsub (HRV) but have a couple questions. Can anyone tell me how the watch would be shipped to Canada? I very much prefer regular insured
mail as opposed to FedEx. Also, what is "lead time"? The Milsub states "4 week lead time but I have no idea what that is. I've sent an e-mail to Bill Yao but I understand that he is travelling so may not be able to respond.

Finally, anyone care to post a picture of your own Milsub?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Romeo,

I recently bought a Vantage, I ordered it April 15, it was shipped May 11, and it arrived May 18 (I'm in St. Albert AB, just outside of Edmonton). It only spent one day in customs (in Montreal), which amazed me, as I've had watches sit in customs for up to 3 weeks!

It was shipped via the US Postal Service as a Priority Mail International Parcel. I believe the packaging indicated it had been insured for only 100 dollars.

I suspect yours will be shipped to you the same way.

I think the 4 week lead time is so that the watch can be shipped from Switzerland to MKII in the US, so that Bill can inspect the watch and ensure that it is perfect. Then he ships it to you from the US.

Regards,

Jim

(Edited to add: P.S., it's worth the wait!)

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great Jim...thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...as of Friday evening the order is in...now the wait begins!

·
Registered
417 Posts
romeo-1, here are a few pics of mine. No HRV unfortunately, but that was the only way I could also get the bracelet option (and I'll never do SAT diving anyway):

I think you'll be very pleased with your LRRP, I bought a second Mark II after receivng and wearing mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts