WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and I have recently discovered the beauty and originality of Russian watches. They are unlike anything we can purchase in the USA. I especially like the Vostok "1943 Replica (Kirovskie) collection, the K-43 in particular. They are pretty inexpensive as quality watches go here in the USA - $99-$140.00 shipped. You cannot purchase an automatic at that price here.
(1) Does anyone own one of these models? How is the quality and finish? Are they reliable?
(2) Which online vendor would you recommend as trustworthy to purchase this model? Here is one link that sells the K-43 for just $97.90!
http://russianwatch.net/shop/vostok....html?osCsid=1dad5c5aeb8b69b62a8011a91495a8e8
I have some photos of the models that interest me.
:thanks santasmile
Donato

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi.

I have one K-43 in black, like this one:

I'm very happy with it. Keeps great time and looks very well, but...
The lume is awful (like almost all Vostoks)
The case material is stainless steel, but the crown is chrome plated brass. This is an unforgiveable mistake because the plating disappears quickly:rodekaart

Anyway a really beautiful and interesting watch, one of my favourites. I recommend you to buy it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I have one, same as above the black dialed version. For the money they are OK, the movement is a little rough but it seems reliable enough. The watch doesn't keep really good time though and it seems poorly regulated, however, for the money....:-!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought the black K-43 just over a year ago. Unfortunately, it died after just 5 days of wear, but the seller (bearsplace on eBay) handled the repair efficiently under warranty.

Since the watch was repaired I have had no problems with it. The watch runs about +/- 15 sec/day.

It looks really smart on a black "bund" strap with white contrast stitching; the orginal band is really too thin and light for a watch this large and heavy.

Like the band, the packaging is Soviet-esque: a plain, blue, shiny plastic box!

I wear the watch quite a bit and have gotten many comments on it!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I'm still a bit interested in the version for the 60 years of victory in WWII.
However, the price is not so good in comparison with the quality (not different from the usual Vostok standards), the hands are too small...so i did not bought it yet.
I'm waiting for a good chance ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts