WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I have shattered my sapphire crystal on my Carrera re edition cv2110. would like to ask if anyone know what are the specifications of the crystal as I would like to purchase one.

Done some research on a good place to order will be ofrei.com.

Any advise please?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sorry for you, as this is one *very* expensive sapphire if you order a genuine Tag part.
BTW, your watch has received quite a shock. Did you check if the dial feet are bent or broken ? This happens frequently in this case.
If the dial feet are bent, it's easy : you'll see the pivots aren't centered anymore in their dial holes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello there, fortunately there were only a few scratches on the dial. Ive checked with Tag on the original replacement and its costly.

Therefore here to seek some experts for advice on the specifications that i can purchase an OEM online.

Regards

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
That's gonna be a tuff one, you will need to get the whole watch serviced in case of movement damage and bits that could have got inside etc. Tag my be the only option or a good local watch maker

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
@local watchmaker, most likely, the module won't be serviced.
@Tag, it won't be serviced either, but the whole movement will be changed for a reconditioned (not new) one.

In both cases, it won't be cheap, especially if we're adding the sapphire. That's why I much do favour the older carrera from the 90's, with the plexiglas, and the Lemania.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hello there, fortunately there were only a few scratches on the dial. Ive checked with Tag on the original replacement and its costly
Just out of interest what is the actual cost?.

I have project watch that needs this crystal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I accidentally bang my wrist onto a door knob, didn't know the sapphire crack so easily.

The cost of the sapphire is about usd 800 without servicing by Tag.

thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
$800 just for a crystal! that can't be right.That price probably isn't just for the crystal alone but for them to fit it and other parts and work.

I know carrera chrono calibre 16 crystals are no where near that price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes the price is correct only on the crystal. I had the similar reaction like yours decipher28. According to them this crystal is the most expensive for all carrera models.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yes the price is correct only on the crystal. I had the similar reaction like yours decipher28. According to them this crystal is the most expensive for all carrera models.
price for that crystal is outrageous,$800=£527.I wouldn't pay that on principal alone.To me i couldn't justify paying that amount for a crystal.I would look into aftermarket ones which are available if i had a strong desire to complete the watch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts