WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry - this is a newbie question and has probably been asked and answered many times before. Can anyone offer advice on refitting crystals (particularly the acrylic ones)? I'm referring to the ones that snap in from the front.

Often, I've succeeded just by careful pressing, but not always (and I have broken one crystal this way). I know that there are tools out there which press (and presumably squeeze) the crystal - is such a tool necessary and, if so, can anyone recommend an economical but effective model?

Many thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Paul,

I’ve replaced a few acrylic crystals on my watches using the tool in the photo, I got mine off e-bay from a UK based seller called pendulum.man (his e-bay shop is MKCLOCKS). The tool cost £12.50 and although it’s probably not the highest quality tool it does do the job. The small jaws compress the edge of the crystal very slightly (by turning the knurled nut), so you can then slide the crystal into the case.

The only slight problem I had (and this could just be inexperience) was that the jaws marked the edge of crystal very slightly where the jaws grip.
I’m thinking of using some emery paper to round the brass jaws slightly to prevent this happening in the future.

You can just see the mark arrowed on the photo .

Cheers,

Marc One

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts