WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to G-Shocks and am wondering where is gw-200ms-1 frogman manufactured in. Thanks.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've gotten myself a frogman and it says the same thing on the case back. But I'm really puzzled as it doesn't say 'Made in Japan'. Just the word 'Japan' don't mean anything to me.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Well I've gotten myself a frogman and it says the same thing on the case back. But I'm really puzzled as it doesn't say 'Made in Japan'. Just the word 'Japan' don't mean anything to me.
If it says 'Japan' on the caseback, then rest assured. ;-)

For my part, having whatever country stenciled on the back doesn't mean anything to me; a G-Shock I want could be made in Zimbabwe or Yemen for all I care. As long as it's an official Casio product made under Casio standards, the manufacturing location should be a non-issue.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I guess that's also the main reason why the Frogman is so much more expensive than some of the other models, right? Because it doesn't seem to have any special features that, let's say, a Riseman doesn't have.
The altimeter-barometer functions on the Riseman aren't exactly the pinnacle of accuracy, so the Frogman isn't missing much in terms of those (although quite a lot of buzz has been generated with the upcoming release of the atomic Frogman).

What primarily makes the Frogman expensive is that it is currently the only G-Shock that is compliant with the ISO 6425 standard for dive watches, and the tests done to ensure that kind of certification don't come cheap i.e. every Frogman has to be tested for compliance, unlike non-dive watches where mere random sampling is used. Its titanium screwback design also adds to the premium.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Place of manufacture is overrated in my humble opinion.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that place of manufacture has anything to do with quality or even price for that matter.

In my opinion price has more to do with Casio marketing strategy than with anything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts