WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about purchasing my first Tag Heuer (my first "expensive" watch)

I have a couple questions:

1. Where can I get the best price in the US or Canada. I have seen some threads where people have offered up contacts by PM. If anyone has a contact they can send me via PM I would really appreciate it.

2. What can I expect from an automatic watch in terms of maintenance, etc.? Is it going to cost me a lot over the years to keep this watch running smoothly or will my initial investment in the watch last a while without maintenance payments, etc.?

thanks.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I am thinking about purchasing my first Tag Heuer (my first "expensive" watch)

2. What can I expect from an automatic watch in terms of maintenance, etc.? Is it going to cost me a lot over the years to keep this watch running smoothly or will my initial investment in the watch last a while without maintenance payments, etc.?

thanks.
Can't help with the first q but as for the 2nd - Great choice of watch I've had mine now for 4.5 years and it's about due for a service so thats pretty good going I reckon, It loses around a minute a week. The only thing I will say is the straps are pricey!<| over in the UK the calf is around £95 and the alligator £200. I need a new strap for mine so that will be 3 straps in less than 5 years :roll:.....beleive me it's worth it the watch is fantastic

Which one you thinking of getting?

heres a pic of mine btw

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
I'm also looking at adding one to my collection. I think I'm going to go w/ the python band and brown dial. It just really " strikes"me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Spogehead.

I would like to get the one you have - Black Automatic Chronograph with the black calf strap. But I am debating between that and the regular Automatic (without the chrono) as it is quite a bit cheaper.

So other than the strap replacements, I may need a tune-up every ~5 years? How much does that cost?

thanks!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Thanks Spogehead.

I would like to get the one you have - Black Automatic Chronograph with the black calf strap. But I am debating between that and the regular Automatic (without the chrono) as it is quite a bit cheaper.

So other than the strap replacements, I may need a tune-up every ~5 years? How much does that cost?

thanks!
Depends through tag in UK £195+..... non Tag around £120.....won't be going to tag for my little baby's tune up!! Also Tag UK will not refurb case my man will !!!:-!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts