WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mako, Sumo, Samurai - how do I know what to look for when I'm shopping at web sites? I have not seen these descriptions - only part numbers. I think the Sumo = SBDC003, but not sure. I think I've got the Monsters down - but there even seems to be quite a few variations on that theme other than just dial colors. I'm really confused.

Can anyone give me an easy way to know what's what?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big help! I didn't see "Sumo". What are the model numbers for Orient Makos?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Big help! I didn't see "Sumo". What are the model numbers for Orient Makos?
The Orient Makos are CEM65001B (Black) and CEM65002D (Blue). There is also a blue dial "Pepsi" bezel that looks like the same watch, CEM65003DW (rubber strap, CEM65006D for Stainless), although I've never specifically seen it refered to as a Mako.

I think I've also seen the smaller, 100m Orients (2ER00001B and 2ER00002D, black and blue) refered to as "baby Makos", but I think that may have only been a recent "suggestion" I saw here in the forums.

Rick

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
The Orient Makos are CEM65001B (Black) and CEM65002D (Blue). There is also a blue dial "Pepsi" bezel that looks like the same watch, CEM65003DW (rubber strap, CEM65006D for Stainless), although I've never specifically seen it refered to as a Mako.

I think I've also seen the smaller, 100m Orients (2ER00001B and 2ER00002D, black and blue) refered to as "baby Makos", but I think that may have only been a recent "suggestion" I saw here in the forums.

Rick
The Pepsi counts as a Mako in my book. You are missing one...CEM65001MV...a very poor photo (sorry, I'll take a nicer one when it's sunny out) of which is below.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts