WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came a cross of this stunning vintage Seamaster De Ville and I instantly fell in love!
But I’m a complete newbie when it comes to vintage timepieces and I was hoping I could seek the help of you fine folks if this watch is worth pursuing or if I should step away.
Or if theres any questions I should ask the seller.

Thanks! :)

This is a Seamaster De Ville - 1965 ref: Ref. 166.020 cal: 562

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,614 Posts
Looks good at first glance. However, according to the OVD, this reference came with a cal 552. The OVD is not always comprehensive and cal 562 may be correct for later examples, but it's a good idea to check the database and then do your homework. Also, this appears to be gold-plated, which affects the price that you should pay.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-de-ville-omega-bd-165-0020

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everyone!
thank you so much for your insightful replies! :)

I´ve contacted the seller and he says:
- he had it serviced last December
- Theres no original documentation nor box
- Everything is original on the watch except the strap

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
One observation that I'm not sure is valid but the watch says "Swiss Made T". That usually means that only either the hands or the dial has tritium. This has both with lume. Possible that the hands were replaced. Not that it's a big deal. I think the watch looks great. Just an question.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I might be wrong, but I believe the watch is gold capped, which has a little more value than plated or filled since the layer of gold is thicker and lasts a lot longer.
Nice watch!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might be wrong, but I believe the watch is gold capped, which has a little more value than plated or filled since the layer of gold is thicker and lasts a lot longer.
Nice watch!
I forgot to mention, the seller says this watch is in rose gold. So i dont know if that effects the price in any way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts