WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

I just joined the forum because I decided to buy a watch. I've always admired the classic designs of watches like a Mondaine, old Panerais, military basic look...classic, clean, simple designs. I've never worn one, though, as I found them uncomfortable. I haven't tried one on in 20 years, though, and now I'm married and wear a ring and enjoy it, so I thought a nice watch to add on would suit my new style. The spark here by spotting some Skagens in a shop when I passed through Copenhagen last year and liked their minimal design and thin cases.

I know Midtown NYC has tons of watch shops, but I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a watch noob to go in, someplace with patient salespeople who aren't going to make a big buck off me (now, but if I get hooked). Again, Skagen also appeals because their price range is good for someone who's not touched a watch since he was a kid.

Thanks for any and all advice.

– Micah

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I would suggest posting this in the affordables sub forum. You'll get plenty of ideas in that price bracket there.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Oh, sorry, did not know there was levels. Okay, thanks!

– Micah
No no, no "levels" so to speak just sub forums that cater more toward certain themes and price ranges.

Welcome to WUS.

Tourneu and Kenjo are both in Midtown but I would say that both are aiming at buyers with more money.
Here's "I want a wallet that gives off the look of having more money than I really have" guy. He's always got sound advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts