WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I first want to say thanks to all of you for the vast amount of info I have gathered from these forums. Second, I would like some expert advice please.

My wife recently bought me a Seamaster for my birthday that was made (hopefully) in my birth year of 1968. I have done a ton of searching and digging in these forums as well as other sites but can't quite fine an exact match to my watch. So I turn to you experts to either assure me or disappoint me greatly :) .

Here is a pic of the watch. I can provide others, but my concern can be seen in this pic very well. It's the hour markers that I can't seem to find any pictures of Seamasters that look the same. Below my watch I will provide a link to Old-Omegas and a 1967 catalog pic that shows a very similar but not exact watch.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

http://www.old-omegas.com/pics/cat67en/p28.jpg

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Your watch is a Seamaster Deville ref 166.020. It should house a cal. 562 or 565 movement. Based on the Omega website this model was produced between 1962-1972. The only way to determine the age of your watch with greater accuracy would be to get the Serial number of the movement, which requires opening the case.

FWIW this watch existed with various versions of dials. Your appears to be in original condition and I have seen a few examples in the past with those markers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a ton for the input Joe. Makes me feel much better. Here are a couple other pics, if you are interested. It really is a beautiful watch and I am glad to have it as my first Omega. If I understand correctly, the 271xxx denotes the watch as a 1968

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Thanks a ton for the input Joe. Makes me feel much better. Here are a couple other pics, if you are interested. It really is a beautiful watch and I am glad to have it as my first Omega. If I understand correctly, the 271xxx denotes the watch as a 1968
Yes. The movement is a 563 dating to around 1968

1 - 5 of 5 Posts