WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to get back into dive watches. Love the two watches. Had a seiko skx007, gilded turtle, and now an Apple Watch :/. Would like suggestions on thinner dive watches (14mm or less). I’m currently digging the helm watches … kinda leaning towards flat sapphire instead of domed. But NOT a deal breaker. Like lume. Want to keep around 300$ will actually be in the ocean. OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS. Also, pictures of yours are a plus!

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Wanting to get back into dive watches. Love the two watches. Had a seiko skx007, gilded turtle, and now an Apple Watch :/. Would like suggestions on thinner dive watches (14mm or less). I’m currently digging the helm watches … kinda leaning towards flat sapphire instead of domed. But NOT a deal breaker. Like lume. Want to keep around 300$ will actually be in the ocean. OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS. Also, pictures of yours are a plus!
Glycine Combat Sub

·
Premium Member
11,056 Posts
If you are leaning toward Helm then I suggest you go with it! I've been doing this for a long time now and have tried several higher end brands that left me cold and I sold off. My new Helm Vanuatu is a terrific watch that is a genuine Bargain in todays market. Good luck.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Material property Clock
Automotive tire Font Automotive wheel system Tints and shades Electric blue

Reactions: Pilot2 and Axelrod

·
Registered
PRX 80
77 Posts
The Glycine gets a lot of love and is $299 at Costco with a NATO strap. Only one color option, but Ashford just listed them in more colors. Little more expensive, but your call obviously.

You will also be flirting with the Seiko Turtle as that will be flirting with your price range.

Reactions: VE NP

·
Registered
883 Posts
If you don't mind Chinese homage/copies have a look at WR watches website - there are LOTS of watches on there from modern to vintage style all offering great bang for your buck. Pretty well made for the price too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Orient perhaps?
Seconded. Recently got a Kamasu, very solid watch for about $200. The bracelet gets a lot of heat but it really isn't too bad; if you decide to upgrade though, you can get the watch and a Strapcode bracelet and stay within your budget.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Look at Islander watches from Long Island Watch. Orient, too.

Reactions: VE NP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seconded. Recently got a Kamasu, very solid watch for about $200. The bracelet gets a lot of heat but it really isn't too bad; if you decide to upgrade though, you can get the watch and a Strapcode bracelet and stay within your budget.
I am planning on continuously looking until I find a decent deal on one. Will likely use something other than metal bracelet ….

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also … looking to put this on some sort of rubber band … I REALLY like the Apple Watch band … any suggestions like that?

·
Registered
90 Posts
+1 for Scurfa. Have a Diver One and it's great. Quartz, but built like a tank. Owner is a commercial diver as well.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts