WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have just received my first Russian watch. It's a Poljot alarm with a 2812 movement from the 80's. It's running +7 seconds after 10 hours running. The Alarm functions and is loud. I got it on eBay for $50 + $15 for shipping from The Ukraine. It was described as like new condition. I pretty much agree but the alarm is 14 minutes fast. How common is this?
Is there an easy fix? I'm planning on leaving positive feedback but asking for a discount on a future purchase ;-) . I would like to also say thanks to all the WUS members I'm a newbie and have already learned allot!
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Hello Chris and welcome! I'd like to know what you mean "alarm is +14". If alarm is activated minutes before the specific time has been set, then this can be regulated by removing the hands. I've done it today with mine. I removed minute & hour hands. I set alarm time to 6 o'clock. After that, I set back hour hand at the same hour (6), but the tricky thing is to check hour hand to be exactly at the same time alarm is activated (you hear a click), and finally I set back minute hand at 12. That's it! However, if you are not familiar doing such work, then speak with your watchmaker. I hope that helps. ;-) Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes That is exactly the info I was looking for. After I get the proper tools I think I'll give it a try. I'm interested in doing my own minor repairs and this seams to be a good place to start.
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.