WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

I really like the stealth looks of the night train DLC blck dial as well as the LE TMT DLC. May be interested in purchasing either 1 in the near future as a daily watch. So I have a couple of questions regarding these 2 watches and would really appreciate some info. I had read that the case being DLC is tougher and more resistant to corrosion. I know that though it looks almost similar like ceramic cases, does it share similar scratch resistant properties? Does it scratches easily as in watch cases that are PVD? Also, does the all night train comes only on calf straps or it has other variants, as in rubber straps?
:thanks

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Hello and welcome. I have the NT DLC and my buddy has an EM II TMT, also DLC coated.

DLC is a coating that goes over the material. If you do a search in this forum, you will get some good info. It is very scratch resistant.

My one experience was hanging a vertical and I felt it drag on the watch case, which I should have taken off. Any other watch I own would have shown a scratch, with the DLC, I forgot about this story until just now.

DLC=Diamond Like Carbon and is often used as a weapons' coating as well.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
NT also comes on rubber strap.

The Search function is your friend--make friends with it! :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's very scratch-resistant!
I've banged up my NT so many times and even chipped off some paint and rust from metal doors in the process and, with one wipe, it's as if nothing ever happened. I'm really impressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts