WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all the sensei here, a newbie seeking advice.

I have a Poljot 3133 chrono... with a broken stem. The part that broke it at the tip, I still can change the time and if i do it observant enough, I still can wind it a little
May I ask, is there specific function for the tip on the step?
I know the square part is to turn the gear (not sure the jargon for this gear), but is there are other significant role for the tip? beside most properly for allignment?

And I also have another issue with this watch, the stem now just seem not able to lock into the movement, will it because the level was broken or is there something else?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Assuming I'm understanding what you're describing, the little pivot at the end is a sliding pivot for the stem. The stem gears inside the watch "float" a bit so that they can engage and disengage the winding/setting gears as you pull the stem in and out. Without that tip, you're apt to start stripping the gears, or to have it jam up. In some respects, the stripping is a bigger problem, because you're effectively filling the inside of the watch with tiny metal shavings. These will inevitably find their way into the lubricant, and start grinding away at the pivots.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Again if I understand you correctly Absolomob is correct. The pointed tip at the end of the stem bacically locates into a hole in the base plate of the watch. Without it the problems Absolom describes are likely to occur so I'd recommend you get a replacement for it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks DropLock and AbslomRob, I was unaware that this little tip is so significant.... :thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks x 10^10

I'm now in the quest in searching for the replacement stem. Hopefully WUS forumers can help ..........:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks

From another subforum (Russian Watches) I understand that most of the part for Valjoux 7734 and Poljot 3133 are non-interchangeable, but not sure if it also true for the stem?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Hi,

Thanks DropLock and AbslomRob, I was unaware that this little tip is so significant.... :thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks x 10^10

I'm now in the quest in searching for the replacement stem. Hopefully WUS forumers can help ..........:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks

From another subforum (Russian Watches) I understand that most of the part for Valjoux 7734 and Poljot 3133 are non-interchangeable, but not sure if it also true for the stem?
I will check when I get back to my bench tonight.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Yes, the Val 7733/7734 stem fits in a Poljot 3133.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear lysanderxiii,

I want to inform you that...........

You are my life saver......... If you were to come to malaysia (KL) make sure you let me know, and I've buy you dinner.........

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brought the tip from the bay.... the issue now is that it won't go in.
but the original broken one just slip right through in without any issue.

do this mean that the tip stuck inside and also the stem setting level also broken?
the small push button for the setting level still bounce back after releasing it.

although I'm able to wind it and setting time, but I think my next option maybe looking for a replacement movement.......

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Actually it is a question of compatibility between a 7733 and a 3133. Many of the train parts are incompatible. After all, the 7733 is 18,000 BPH and the 3133 is 21,600 BPH. The Chronograph wheel and some of the other parts parts seem to have been modified too. However, it does seem that many of the 7733 parts used in the actual chronograph mechanism are interchangable with the 3133.

As ever, finding a parts house with Russian parts is a problem. It used to be that Apollo southerns in the UK had a very complete range of Russian parts, but that was during the Cold War. A friend in St. Petersburg recently wrote me that he was having trouble buying parts there for Moljina pocket watches. Apparently, it was much easier under Communism, when there was a central watch parts supplier.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently, it was much easier under Communism, when there was a central watch parts supplier.
Sound like commi is good for this hobby..... and I'm too late to come into this scene?.:think:[the above statement may offend some, Discretion advised]

Now, I'm looking for a replacement movement instead of finding parts one-by-one...
I have 2 options: maintain its full blood by replacing only with a Poljot 3133,
or franken it with some other movement that fit the 31mm case, but the possible consequences is that some hand or chrono may not work... :think:

btw, I won't resell it, coz I like the watch too much, and I once wake up in the middle of the night just to look at it.......thinking about it sad state.... talk about obsession...

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Brought the tip from the bay.... the issue now is that it won't go in.
but the original broken one just slip right through in without any issue.

do this mean that the tip stuck inside and also the stem setting level also broken?
the small push button for the setting level still bounce back after releasing it.

although I'm able to wind it and setting time, but I think my next option maybe looking for a replacement movement.......
Before I posted, I fit a 7733 stem into a 3133 with no problems.

Before you fit the new stem did you account for all the pieces of the old stem?

If you have not located the old tip, it is still floating around inside the movement.

This could be the problem.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi lysanderxiii,
I never doubted you for a second and appreciate your time off, getting an valjiux 7733 stem and stuck it in Poljot 3133.......those are pure kindness for you to do that...:thanks

The broken tip was no where to be seen... it may still stuck inside the movement:think: that may be the culprit, or I bought the wrong one....:think:

I noticed that the square is longer for Valjoux 77xx winding stem I received, would that the reason?? That I brought the wrong one... hahaha....

let say if the tip still stock inside, I don't know what damages will it do to the gear and etc... but touch wood, I did not have experience the stem can't be wind (stuck).... yet.
So should I just open the part where the winding mechanism and see if I can do anything with it, without spending the money to buy the movement first.

I was looking at another vintage (Swiss dead old stock) watch..... and in a dilemma where should I spend the money on this first or just leave it for a while....o|o|o|

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.