WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at a new Universal Geneve Automatic, date watch in solid 18k gold. The model is 171.971 I tried to include a picture but no luck. Mostly I was wondering if the watch itself is a good watch. I know it is really gold but is that gold wrapped around a crappy movement? Any help would be great.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,426 Posts
First time I see 18 karats on an UG. Have seen 18k, 0,750, have seen 18k, 750 on rhose with micrototor. But 18 karats. Movement looks odd to me as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The movement seems to be an ETA 2892-A2, which is a slim movement with a ubiquitous calibre with a generous 42 h power reserve. Unfortunately it is not a movement exclusive to Universal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that a quality movement even if its not exclusive to Universal? I always wanted a solid gold watch and this one checked off alot of the things i wanted that watch to have. water resistant, automatic and gold. Along with the smaller size case it seemed perfect for me. Have not been able to find any info on it which scares me. although the seller assures me it is authentic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No I'm not the seller. I was interested in buying the watch. However it seems from the responses that this is not a real Universal Geneve watch. And possibly not really gold. I have been searching the internet and can find nothing at all about this model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts