WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first time buying vintage and I waited over a month watching listings expire to get a feel for what price I should expect and what is fair for the condition, etc. Then finally I came across this beautiful thing. Researched the seller a little and got in contact with someone else who bought a vintage Tudor from him last year and he checked out so I made a move (yanpi7 on eBay gets my approval, he also has a good selection of vintage Rolex and Tudor for very reasonable prices and great communication). I put in an offer a bit below the list price and it was accepted. It arrived 12 days later from Hong Kong and has barely come off my wrist since. I was considering some other vintage options in the same price range but went with this because I love how it hits the perfect balance of simple and classy and it isn't too common.

The serial dates it to 1981 +- a year. The dial is beautifully redone and looks brand new, the case is almost flawless save for a few scratches, which I don't hate because I like the watch to have character (and I plan too add plenty), and the acrylic crystal is a replacement. The leather band is also aftermarket but surprisingly high quality although I still plan to get a new one to give it a little more casual look (open to suggestions). It's also been keeping good time, about 5-6 seconds fast after 5 days of wear. I was a little worried that the 36 mm size may be a little small but it feels just right on the wrist. All in all, I'm extremely happy with it and my other watches are going to have a hard time getting wrist-time for a while.

View attachment 996203 View attachment 996204 View attachment 996205 View attachment 996206 View attachment 996207

Reactions: crkline2
1 - 3 of 3 Posts