WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm really get hooked and this is my 3rd G's for the month.

My question: I found the button for "ADJUST" like a bit deep in compared to other 3 buttons. Is it normal? Refer to last photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Did other 5600 also having the same button? I saw my glx-5600c which is not obvious like this...
Yes, most other 5600 models have the same recessed "adjust" button.

Casio's engineers want to keep people from ACCIDENTALLY triggering the adjust button and changing their watch's settings, so they do it in two different ways:

A lot of 5600 models have the Adjust button recessed like this, as do a few older models like the DW-6600. One advantage to the recessed button is that the user only has to press the button in (the entire way) and the watch instantly goes to Adjust mode.

A lot of other models have the Adjust button sticking out like the other buttons, but THOSE Adjust buttons have to be pressed AND HELD for a few seconds before the watch goes into Adjust mode. Some people don't like that "press and hold" part, but the buttons all stick out of the case the same distance.

Two different ways of achieving the same objective, with advantages and disadvantages to both.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh... Thanks for enlighten me! No wonder I just press it and direct into adjust mode... Thought is setting issue... Good watch n I love it!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
congras for the first of many SQUARES to come

1 - 7 of 7 Posts