WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I refreshed the pre-orders page to see if there was anything new, and there were three new models, all in 40 and 43mm, and all with four color options (all black, all blue, black with blue bezel, blue with black bezel).

There was a normal ETA day/date, a M in-house movement, and a TMT movement.

They seem to have pulled the site down so I thought I'd post the pics since they are still open in my browser :p

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

·
Registered
384 Posts
They're still putting the TMT date in the weirdest spot possible, but at least it's not cutting out the marker this time. It's a nice looking sport watch, though.

·
Premium Member
19,714 Posts
Last night I refreshed the pre-orders page to see if there was anything new, and there were three new models, all in 40 and 43mm, and all with four color options (all black, all blue, black with blue bezel, blue with black bezel).

There was a normal ETA day/date, a M in-house movement, and a TMT movement.

They seem to have pulled the site down so I thought I'd post the pics since they are still open in my browser :p
Thanks for sharing this peterbee. These new watches look nice, not too hot about the date at the 1 o'clock position but will definitely consider the traditional 3 o'clock one. At least the tritium tubes lume was not displaced by the date.

However what I found a little disappointed was not to see a double R (RR) on the seconds hand counter balance which is a nice feature on many of the Ball Watches. And one of the reasons I would buy a Ball Watch. Other reason is good WR rating but the current crop of pre-orders have only a 100m (or less) WR which is a bummer :-(

·
Registered
6 Posts
They seem to still show up at the bottom of the page on this link ://shop.ballwatch.ch/slp Just add ---> HTTPS in front of the link since it won't let me post full links because i'm new :-(

Tempting!

·
Registered
398 Posts
All I can say is WOW with this one! This may be the most complete watch I've seen from Ball in a long time. I can't really find much fault in these. Such a balanced design. Tritium in the bezel, and I love the look of that new clasp. Love it!

·
Registered
304 Posts
3-hander with blue dial looks real nice, some neat details on the minute track.
I would be interested if they didn't ruin them with the date magnifier.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Really like the look of the day/date and the date with magnifier. I think the TMT is cool but they ruined it with the date placement. Unfortunately, there are no side pics. Plus, does anybody know the proposed delivery date? Just about the pull the trigger on one of the 40mm versions.

Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
Really like the look of the day/date and the date with magnifier. I think the TMT is cool but they ruined it with the date placement. Unfortunately, there are no side pics. Plus, does anybody know the proposed delivery date? Just about the pull the trigger on one of the 40mm versions.

Thanks
I believe the delivery is April/May. I'm feeling one of 40mm as well, just can't decide which one I like best.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I believe the delivery is April/May. I'm feeling one of 40mm as well, just can't decide which one I like best.
Six to eight month delivery window - yikes! Is this normal for the pre-orders? This will be my first.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was interested in the Engineer Master II Voyager, so I sent an email asking about the movement. Ball said to me it is soprod base in elaboré finish (no glucidur balance),
Do you think it worth the money?
any experiecne with this movement?

·
Registered
46 Posts
About to order my second Ball even before the AeroGMT shows up later this year. Tried out a TAG Aquaracer, but the lume was mediocre at best, so hoping Ball will definitely be on top there. Also, for those that prefer to see the movement, you can also ask for them to leave the screened logo off the back. Cool record to be set, but definitely like the idea of the clear crystal. Going for the 43mm in blue.

https://shop.ballwatch.ch/rc18

Roadmaster Challenger case back no logo.jpg

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Is it worth it to pick the in-house over the eta? Reliability has not been confirmed since movement still new. I think I'll go with the daydate version.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is it worth it to pick the in-house over the eta? Reliability has not been confirmed since movement still new. I think I'll go with the daydate version.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
The 7309 came out late last year in the Engineer Challenger M. It's relatively new, but isn't specific to this model.

·
Registered
919 Posts
This has to be the best looking Ball watch I have seen in a long time. It seems to tick a lot of my usual boxes. I like the idea of 80 hours PR but wonder what that movement is based on and the long term serviceability and reliability. However I don’t care for the cyclopse on that model and actually like the day/date feature of the other model. Not a fan of the temperature function or the date placement on the last model. I wish Ball would keep some of these watches around in their lineup beyond the preorder fixed quantity model they are doing lately. I’m not in a position to buy this now but maybe one day.

Does anyone know if the bracelet tapers from 20mm down to 18 or 16mm? Also, how is that clasp, it looks different from other models I have seen in the past, I wonder if it’s a newer design. I wish Ball would put up more photos.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Removing the cyclops is easy enough - lots of watches that have them end up without.

As for the clasp/bracelet, looks to be almost identical to what TAG uses on their Aquaracer that even has the diver extension (might even come from the same vendor, who knows). Was sent this picture by one of the reps:

Roadmaster Challenger buckle.jpg

Bottom view - from the Ball website:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks a nice solid watch but I have one issue and I never thought id say this but theres to much colour lume in this one. I love the Ball lume I really do but I feel 4 colours is way to much - its just a little overkill

Anyone agree?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I really like this offering and will probably pop for a black day/date. My only issue is it's definitely an aquaracer knock-off. But, that's okay; I like the aquaracer too :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
.......Also, for those that prefer to see the movement, you can also ask for them to leave the screened logo off the back. Cool record to be set, but definitely like the idea of the clear crystal.....
What part is screened on the back crystal? Is it the big RR?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts