WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of watches at this point ranging from Seiko, Steinhart, CWard, Tudor, Omega, ETC. I recently picked up an AT for a dressier piece. I take this Wolf travel box along with me, and I think these two can take on any situation. The SMPc is the most accurate watch in my entire collection of 14 or so, and I like that the beveled edges on the cases are similar. Would there be any better 2 piece Omega set?

I was torn. I almost purchased a Datejust instead of the AT, but I see it as full time dress piece. I find that AT just a touch sporty. The 8500 movement is more interesting to me, but I would probably like the DJ bracelet better. If the AT holds it's value well, I may trade up to a different Rolex model in a year or two. The other part of my current buying decision was that I am just not ready for attention that a Rolex might bring. Very few people that I know even recognize the Omega brand, so like many, I like to fly under the radar.

I need to get better at taking photos and use natural light. I have a few pieces I need to sell now including the Tudor Heritage Chrono!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Nice pair, congrats. FWIW, neither the AT or DJ are dress watches. They're do-all "gentleman's" watches meant to ride the line between dress and casual/sport, and they make good one-watch candidates. I actually traded in my DJ and went with an AT...and I've since sold everything else!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice pair, congrats. FWIW, neither the AT or DJ are dress watches. They're do-all "gentleman's" watches meant to ride the line between dress and casual/sport, and they make good one-watch candidates. I actually traded in my DJ and went with an AT...and I've since sold everything else!
Since you traded the DJ for the AT. How do you feel they compare? I am used to more robust bracelets than the AT, so that leaves me slightly underwhelmed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like your 2-watch Omega collection. The Aqua Terra is a very versatile watch which is good for those moments when the SMP is too sporty. An the SMP you can wear in most casual situations.

I've been eyeing the blue dial AT as well. It sure is a beauty.

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Nice pair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts