WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just spotted this on Casio's international websites (Malaysia and Middle East). The particular watch is model is MTD-1087-1AV. Specs a little sparse right now -- stainless steel case and bezel, mineral crystal, 100M WR. No indication of case size or strap lug width. Wide date is something new. Black/charcoal and blue dial versions, and resin strap or metal bracelet.

Can't find a price, and not showing up yet for sale anywhere I can find. I assume we'll see it available in most markets soon. I think this one will be a good seller.

Mahalo,

Andy

·
Premium Member
14,577 Posts

I just spotted this on Casio's international websites (Malaysia and Middle East). The particular watch is model is MTD-1087-1AV. Specs a little sparse right now -- stainless steel case and bezel, mineral crystal, 100M WR. No indication of case size or strap lug width. Wide date is something new. Black/charcoal and blue dial versions, and resin strap or metal bracelet.

Can't find a price, and not showing up yet for sale anywhere I can find. I assume we'll see it available in most markets soon. I think this one will be a good seller.

Mahalo,

Andy
This Casio looks very good. Odds are it is a 43mm case and a 22mm strap as that seems to be their sweet spot lately on these affordable Diver Style watches. That second version is for people who obviously do not need to wear glasses to read the day/date.

They also have a blue dial version. That dial texture certainly has a Seiko STO vibe going for it, especially in blue.

1425558139025.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Blue dials again! Yum!

Checked it out on the Malaysia website's news section. Here's a photo of 3 subdials alternative with blue dials.

untitled.jpg

I am not that familiar with the movement. They were saying it has "smooth second hands" under its features so I think it means sweep seconds hands?

EDIT: I re-read its specification. It says sweep seconds hands.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Casio measures including crown most of the time.

Most of the MTDs I've seen are in that 44-45mm-ish size class, so I don't know if it's measured "correctly" or "Casio-style." I'm guessing correctly, because 44mm incl. crown would put it closer to 40mm, and if that were the case, I'd wish it would be bigger...

But my MTD-1079 edges out my AMW320 in sizing, and that's a (wears very small for its size) 45mm class watch. The long lugs are a big part of that.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I love the stainless steel bezel. A small step up from the MDV-106.

I hope they come out with more colors as I really don't need another black diver.

·
Registered
274 Posts

My gripe is not too much about the short hands. But casio's insistence on giving the hands extra long tail. Look at the minute hand...

And the date window. TOO SMALL

It's 43mm case without crown and 22 lug width. Just nice with my 8" wrist.

Got it for RM175 (~USD43)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The sweep second is the multi dial version (MTD1086)

Well that's something - Casio doing a sweep seconds quartz! That model looks really good, one to look out for. I'd want to change that bracelet though, looked about as good as a Vostok bracelet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts