WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that many vintage omegas seem to go for what appear to be pretty reasonable prices on the bay. As low as a couple hundred dollars or even less and seem to be in pretty good shape and working perfectly and sometimes cosmetically overhauled, ie., new crystal, straps, etc. Is there any reason that these would not be desireable enough pieces so as to go for more money? Or are they just that common? Or not a good buy? Are there particular models that are better or worse, value-wise? :think: Is there anything to be worried about with the movements either being old or outdated? Any information or insight into these otherwise seemingly nice and fairly affordable watches is greatly appreciated! Thank you for any help you can give me!! :thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Probably because most people looking for used omegas aren't looking for vintage (with the exception of a few models), so the prices are quite affordable.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
They have always been a few hundred... What model(s) specifically are you referring to? Is there something you had in mind, or are you impressed that Vintage Omegas (most of them anyways) are far less expensive then new ones?

When buying Vintage you need to do your homework if you are concerned about originality, but this is only real important on significant or collector pieces. If you just want to own a nice watch, most any of them will fit that bill. Some Omega movements are more refined then others, this is part of doing your homework if you are looking for that great deal.

Unless stated by the seller, most anything you buy will need a service, so that will add to the cost, it could be a simple cleaning to a professional restoration...

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
since seeing a certain thread, i've been on the lookout for a 90's Omega Dynamic

course that'll be on hold for a little while since i just scored a Tag Heuer 1500 on The 'Bay for about $300....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts