WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im looking to buy my wife a new watch, and she loves the look of the WAE1114.FT6011 all in pink.
However she has a severe Nickel allergy, and I was wondering if any of you guys and girls, know what the nickel content would be on the case back of this watch..

Cheers

·
Registered
446 Posts
My wife suffers from the same thing. If you can get a hold of a Heuer rep. find out what type of SS they use on their cases and case backs. Then go to this link to see the nickle content. There is a great table further into the link that breaks down the content in each different alloy. My guess is she will not tolerate any and will have to go all yellow gold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Gold cases have traditionally been the only solution to Ni allergies... Men can use the watch bands that are full leather with snap attachments to the watch. I assume such cold be custom made in smaller sizes for ladies watches.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Gold can have nickel issues also. It depends on the alloy. It's usually white gold that has the most problems though, since nickel a primary bleaching agent.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I also have a high nickel allergy. I have no problem with my carrera, bearing in mind probably 90% of the case isnt metal but nevertheless i get no irritation from the metal around the outside edge of the underside of the watch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts