WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
My submission for consideration by the owners of the blue Pelagos is:

The Blue Lagoon

Yup. That's what I was thinking.
But I think it's too long. Need a one or two-syllable word: Hulk, Smurf, Pepsi, Coke, Kermit, Batman. The name Pelagos is unique enough; it means "deep or open sea", which is fitting enough.

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
But I think it's too long. Need a one or two-syllable word: Hulk, Smurf, Pepsi, Coke, Kermit, Batman. The name Pelagos is unique enough; it means "deep or open sea", which is fitting enough.
I was going to submit the Blue Boring, but we'll go Bloring then.

·
Registered
18,366 Posts
If Seiko can come up with the Samurai “Save the Ocean” or Oris with their “Great Barrier Reef”, I think we can have the blue lagoon.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
If Seiko can come up with the Samurai “Save the Ocean” or Oris with their “Great Barrier Reef”, I think we can have the blue lagoon.
Seiko is ahead of you again. They already have the Blue Lagoon Samurai and Turtle. Hahaha

Edit: Also, I’ve always loved the name Pelagos. Seiko nicknames gained popularity due to the lack of clear and appealing nomenclature. Samurai sounds a hell of a lot more sexy than srpb51.
How about a thread for nicknaming the Tudor PO1........

·
Registered
686 Posts
IMHO we do not need any more childish names for watches.

The ones we have now are sickening enough. Lame and degrading is what they are. But to each their own..

Reactions: tmvu13 and 5959HH

·
Registered
18,366 Posts
Seiko is ahead of you again. They already have the Blue Lagoon Samurai and Turtle. Hahaha

Edit: Also, I’ve always loved the name Pelagos. Seiko nicknames gained popularity due to the lack of clear and appealing nomenclature. Samurai sounds a hell of a lot more sexy than srpb51.
How about a thread for nicknaming the Tudor PO1........
You’re right!!!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts