WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets see this night monster!

I like the new Seiko 5, I could even get past the logo etc on the dial--- but i just cant pull off the 50mm.

it looks very L U M I N O U S.......|>

So about this night monster......pics & specs please? looking pretty hot

Man, Seiko is sucking me in.....or is it just all the great pics you guys post?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I think seiko is great bang for the buck. From low end to super high end.

·
Registered
581 Posts
As far as construction and beef goes, seiko monster holds it's own with my SAR. SAR only has better movement, but for $300 more you would expect that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had the Night Monster but couldn't get past it's nicely done but IMHO too glossy finish... just too pretty for my taste. Have very high hopes for the Seiko 5 "FrankenMonster" that should arrive (I hope I hope) on Friday. And you know what? Call me crazy but I even kinda dig the little Superman "5" logo! :-d

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've put an orange Frankenmonster (or whatever we are calling it nowdays) on my xmas wishlist. hopefully santa delivers it!

I plan to use it as a flashlight, and a defensive sheild in case of emergencies, as well as timekeeping.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've put an orange Frankenmonster (or whatever we are calling it nowdays) on my xmas wishlist. hopefully santa delivers it!

I plan to use it as a flashlight, and a defensive sheild in case of emergencies, as well as timekeeping.
Anyone got an image of this orange frank?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
yeah.....pics? I wanna see the night monster!!
OK Here's some Night Monster pics (sorry not great ones) -

It is very shiny but I'm getting used to it. One thing that has pleased me is that it seems to be running perfectly. Maybe a few seconds fast per DAY! Unlike some monsters, which run a couple minutes fast per day.
regards,
Dave

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
That's just such a better looking watch than the "normal" Black Monster.....nice shots

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
That's just such a better looking watch than the "normal" Black Monster.....nice shots
Thanks. I still like the normal black monster too. There are subtle differences between these two watches. For one thing, the lume on the night monster is whiter than the black monster. It's just as bright but not as greenish.
To me, it seems like a different watch altogether. I love it! :-!

regards,
Dave

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the pics....very cool.|>

yeah i noticed the lume looks WHITE white.....lume is just as bright though?

cool piece, the 50mm job is just too huge for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is there an Orange Monster with a blackened bezel? I've looked but could not find a Night Monster. Anybody have suggestions where they can be bought?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Is there an Orange Monster with a blackened bezel? I've looked but could not find a Night Monster. Anybody have suggestions where they can be bought?
Yes, there is an orange monster with black ion coating, at http://www.seiyajapan.com/ HOWEVER the site is down right now because Seiya is ill. Check site occasionally to see when it's up again.
(I am not affiliated at all with site). There may be other places to buy the black coated monsters but I don't know them.
regards, Dave

·
Registered
70 Posts
It looks to me like the Orange Monster with black coating is a different movement from the rest. Can somebody provide more information?

Yes, there is an orange monster with black ion coating, at http://www.seiyajapan.com/ HOWEVER the site is down right now because Seiya is ill. Check site occasionally to see when it's up again.
(I am not affiliated at all with site). There may be other places to buy the black coated monsters but I don't know them.
regards, Dave

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
It looks to me like the Orange Monster with black coating is a different movement from the rest. Can somebody provide more information?
From what I can discover the movement is the same - 7S26 - but made in Malaysia and the watch is "cased" in China.
Seiko # is SZEN001. Black x Black is SZEN002
s_szen001a.jpg
Hope this helps.
regards, Dave

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
One more thing...
The black x black (night monster) and Black Orange Monster (sunset monster ;-)) is made for domestic Japanese market only, so I believe the warranty wouldn't be any good outside Japan. Buyer beware.
Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts