WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. Maybe I've been bad but, I had to try this. I've been convinced that the Night Train would look great in a SS case. This, in fact, is my preference as I'm not a fan of all-black watches. I wasn't so convinced that the white dial Night Train would look good in the DLC case.

Anyway, I had my local watchmaker swap them today.

I like them both this way!!!

I'm especially surprised at how much I like this one. I knew I'd like the black/ss combo, but this white/DLC really does it for me too! I think the black hands and DLC case are quite complementary and are what makes this look work.

The strap on the white/DLC NT is a 22mm black Don Ginsler buffalo.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Re: Night Train Madness. (or, the NT variants that Ball may want to consider for next year

Hmmmm...well, I'm drawn to the DLC with white dial--nice look. The other combo personally does not grab my attention. I admire your initiative to try out this experiment! :-!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Re: Night Train Madness. (or, the NT variants that Ball may want to consider for next year

Day-ummmm! That looks good Rob! :-!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts

Very cool, Rob! :-!

I think I like the white dial/DLC combo a bit more than the black dial/ss combo. Looking at your pics, it made me wonder how the black dial/ss combo would look if you could fit it with that oyster bracelet that you've put on your EMII Classic. In my mind's eye, I see some real possibilities there!

But the important thing is that you really dig it...and I think it's cool that you gave the swap-a-roo a try! |>

;-)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts

Kool experiment. Thanx for sharing all of the different looks.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Is that a seiko monster bracelet on your night train? It fits neatly.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Is that a seiko monster bracelet on your night train? It fits neatly.
Nope! It's the Ball OEM bracelet for the white Night Train. It has some similarity to the Monster bracelet that had not caught my eye until you posted your question.

Rob

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Very cool, Rob! :-!

I think I like the white dial/DLC combo a bit more than the black dial/ss combo. Looking at your pics, it made me wonder how the black dial/ss combo would look if you could fit it with that oyster bracelet that you've put on your EMII Classic. In my mind's eye, I see some real possibilities there!

But the important thing is that you really dig it...and I think it's cool that you gave the swap-a-roo a try! |>

;-)
Thanks! Sadly, the oyster is 20mm and the Night Trains have 21mm lug width.

Rob

·
Banned
1,600 Posts

OK I'll say it for everyone else.... Damn, very Ballsy of you Rob... but a great experiment - both new combos look great... well done... :-!

·
Registered
944 Posts

OMG!!! Im Lov'in the DLC White Face:p Very Cool Swap Dude,and What Steve Said^^^^ About your Balls (not the watches)! Thanks for the Pics Rob :-!
Take Care, Rich
p.s. Anyone know where i can get a Black Leather band w/ Orange stitching for my EM II Diver

·
Registered
175 Posts

Great experiment Rob...I think its come along very well. I like the black dial on SS better, though I'd like to see what it feels like with a leather / rubber strap.

Enjoy the one-of-a-kind watches!

·
Registered
24 Posts

Oh, you are good, man, very cool looking,
totally different style of night train.
Thx for sharing.

·
Registered
831 Posts

thank you for doing this and sharing! I like both - I'm really hoping Ball releases some sort of DLC bracelet for the black NT...

·
Registered
510 Posts

Flashwatches.net is a fabulous designer who came up with this casing, carbon dial and strap. I don't intend to pass this on in anyway (ie. submitting as my creation/design.)

This is a Prototype NT that I am slowly working on for no one else's pleasure except my Screensaver and thinking of possible Mods.

But Rob came up with this topic so I'll share the pic I'm working on.

Notice: "Anti-magnetic"

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Cool design!

Where does the tritium tube go on the minute hands? :think:

Rob

·
Registered
510 Posts

Everything was copy and paste from the actual Night Train dial. Hour markers, second markers.

Hands are the same (second marker) and hour marker.

Yes you are right! The Red sword minute marker (DOXA or KHS style)
I was thinking that the extra long EMII classic style tubes could be on the sword hand. And maybe a few small ones on the triangle point?

ps. The Big auction site sells tritium tubes...but only the small one's for gun use.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I suddenly found that on the official online shop in Taiwan,
there is a NT with white dial and DLC coating on sale.

Is this a new NT model with white dial of DLC case released by BallWatch?
The original online shop link is here
http://shopping.pchome.com.tw/?mod=item&func=exhibit&IT_NO=BHAA0C-A17662899&SR_NO=BHAA0C&ROWNO=20
If you want this white/DLC combo, maybe you don't need to make it by yourself now.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Hmmmm...well, I'm drawn to the DLC with white dial--nice look. The other combo personally does not grab my attention. I admire your initiative to try out this experiment! :-!
What Cal said......

·
Registered
3,558 Posts

Great find Weiting. Thank you for sharing. The DLC+White, as Brian said, looks great!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts