WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
381 - 400 of 1840 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
big props to all that have contributed to this thread, nearly 40 pages now, wowz.

3.5yrs since i started the thread and nearly 5yrs since i landed my first nighthawk [the dlc chrono in the op], i can still say i am loving the nighthawks as much as ever.

heres the family as it stands today...

cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
^That tan dial is absolutely beautiful!

Never seen it before but that might just be the best looking Citizen I've seen, especially on the vintage rivet pilot strap.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Brett...absolutely loving the collection of Nighthawks you have there! Especially the PMD56-2972. Too bad it's discontinued (maybe I'll be able to find one on WUS sometime)

As for new Nighthawk additions, I'm expecting a AS2031-57E Titanium Nighthawk in the mail in 2 days time. Can't wait!

big props to all that have contributed to this thread, nearly 40 pages now, wowz.

3.5yrs since i started the thread and nearly 5yrs since i landed my first nighthawk [the dlc chrono in the op], i can still say i am loving the nighthawks as much as ever.

heres the family as it stands today...

cheers

·
Registered
172 Posts
I figure I need to contribute to this thread because it was this thread that convinced me to pick up a Nighthawk. I've been a club member for almost a year now; bought the US SS Nightawk w/ bracelet new last year. Here is a picture of it on the day I got it.

I eventually picked up a European Nighthawk, a black w/ white chapter ring dial on a black leather deployant strap. Here are a few pics of how I have worn my Nighthawks.

Euopean Nighthawk on a Panatime Pilot Style Brown Leather Strap and a Brushed Butterfly Deployant Clasp. This configuraton always gets compliments. I actually hunted for this style of strap and this watch because of pics in this thread; lol even bought the strap before finding the watch.

I currently have my Nighthawks with swapped beacelets/straps
Euopean Nighthawk on a Nighthawk bracelet

Same watch on left, and on the right is my US Nighthawk on a Citizen black leather strap with a signed deployant buckle.

I also have a perforated black and red leather inner lining strap from Panatime that I picked up last year because of seeing it in this thread from member spdu4ia. No pics with this one yet, but spdu4ia's pics are so perfect, I probably wouldn't bother posting any here. I haven't really used it because it just barely fits me, and I want to find a longer one with just one prong instead of two so I can wear it with a butterfly deployant buckle. Panatime no longer sells it, but I think I saw something similar on watchgecko.com. Thanks to all that have posted in this thread and have gotten me to fall in love with the Nighthawk. I plan on picking up a few more this year too,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just joined the club!

I really like it!

I quickly changed the bracelet to a Hirsch brown strap, I'm not sure if it 100% goes though. Opinions? To be honest, I thought the Hirsch strap would be a touch more red in colour. I just think something other than the SS bracelet would really compliment the watch, something with a bit of contrast.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The other liberty strap brown color is more red and may be what your thinking if. I've put it on my nighthawk and don't think it fits real well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think black with hints of red could be the way forward from some of the recent photos in this thread.

Eyeing up the Hirsch Carbon Black/Red strap.

·
Registered
9,488 Posts

Here's a picture of the new nighthawk chrono with atomic time! Also has a sapphire crystal on this model as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a nice watch but for me it doesn't quite say Nighthawk to me as it doesn't have the slide rule bezel or the Promaster badge. For me those are the two defining marks of the Nighthawk series.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Yeah, that sliderule is a bit defining. Being able to USE it really puts one in a class...*guilty* someone told me once that pilots got women, so I figured by derivation that knowing the slider would too......Yeah. about that. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShaggyDog
381 - 400 of 1840 Posts