WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my nighttrain and need to know how to adjust the UTC dial. It seems to be locked to my hour dial. I thought it was adjustable so I could set the UTC time for my time zone. I tried all the stops in the stem. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Just got my nighttrain and need to know how to adjust the UTC dial. It seems to be locked to my hour dial. I thought it was adjustable so I could set the UTC time for my time zone. I tried all the stops in the stem. Am I missing something?
It's not adjustable. :-(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, big bummer. The advertising should have stated that fact. This is not UTC or GMT but just current 24h military time. I thought you could track UTC for your own time zone because I am a ham radio operator and all times are referenced to zulu time. I did a lot of internet viewing concerning this watch but didn't read anything about this.What a useless feature. I've been had.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Thanks, big bummer. The advertising should have stated that fact. This is not UTC or GMT but just current 24h military time. I thought you could track UTC for your own time zone because I am a ham radio operator and all times are referenced to zulu time. I did a lot of internet viewing concerning this watch but didn't read anything about this.What a useless feature. I've been had.

Did you purchase the watch from a Ball authorized dealer or on the secondary market? If it was from an AD I would bet you could return it.

I also was under the impression it was a 2 zone watch. Especially since promotional pictures show the watch with a time of 8 o'clock on the dial and 24 on the UTC window which is only possible if it is a true 2 zone watch.

Here are 2 threads that discuss the issue in greater detail.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=89233

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=88941

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Paul,

I saw this thread in our Reviews/1st Impressions Sub-Forum, and moved it to our main forum.

;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts