·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I like :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
That is pretty cool.

Not sure about how the semi-exposed USB port will hold up to sweat and rain though. I would hesitate before rinsing it in water for cleaning.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not sure what this one offers over garmin forerunners. You would think that since garmin has been producing great feature packed training watches for years that they would have stepped it up a notch. Looks substandard in function when compared to the garmins imo.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I'm just interested in the legibility of the e-ink display :) Looks awesome!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes, I will agree that the display looks great.Not large enough though. I wonder how e-ink performs in bright sunlight where most running is done. Anyone have a Kindle to go outside to test e-ink on the sun? LOL

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Anyone have a Kindle to go outside to test e-ink on the sun? LOL
Yes, but I'm a Brit in the coldest and greyest year since records began. Could take a while :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Not sure about how the semi-exposed USB port will hold up to sweat and rain though. I would hesitate before rinsing it in water for cleaning.
Only 4 contacts are exposed. I don't see any problem with that, especially if they are gold plated. Many different watches use exposed contacts for different purposes, the only difference is that these are on band, not the watch case.

And btw, display looks hi-res LCD to me, not e-ink.

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I will agree that the display looks great.Not large enough though. I wonder how e-ink performs in bright sunlight where most running is done. Anyone have a Kindle to go outside to test e-ink on the sun? LOL
I have a Sony ebook reader and the E-Ink display is absolutely fine in the sun. Having said that I suspect that this is and LCD as the refresh rate of E-ink displays is too slowfor something like a stopwatch.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
E-Ink can refresh at least once a second, but even at that speed the power drain is pretty big, so for now it has limited applications in watch terms.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I really like the look of this. A few of us in my office are eagerly awaiting the release, we all registered today to be able to pre-order before it goes on general sale. No idea of price as yet, but we were all of the opinion that we'd each buy one as long as it's less than £300.

Btw we all use Nike+ Sportbands at the moment, I love the ease and simplicity that you can upload your workouts to the Nike+ cloud. Plus the online stuff is pretty cool, it's nice to be able to compare runs with your friends etc, and the online stuff gives you plenty of encouragement. In fact the online "niceness" is IMO the main reason I think this watch will be really popular.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts