WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very pleased with this just-acquired watch.

Does anyone here have any information on the production dates of this model please?

Many thanks.

David

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
WOW, that certainly looks unusual! I like it. As for production year, I can't say but I suspect 1970s. I am not sure when the company went under but most of them went out before 1985 if they did go, so this may be close to the last that were made by Nivada.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just "found" one of these in a storage locker, the only difference to mine is it has "Dumai" above the grenchen, works ok, havent done anything with it, any onfo at all would be appreciated ,david , Id be interested in (if you dont mind that is) giving me a idea what its worth 20150805_154729.jpg 20150805_152519.jpg

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Swheels. Funny you should say that - I just bought my third Leonardo and its colour is similar to yours.

I want to learn a lot more about Nivada, but, so far I have found information hard to come by. My guess is that Nivada rebadged for a big retailer or distributor in the Far East, (Dumai being in Indonesia). If it was a proper sub-brand I think they would have used a plain caseback.

I imagine that the watch would be worth £15. Properly restored it might make £250, but this model doesn't look so good in yellow gold colour whilst fantastic in blue.

Regards.

David

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Must have celebrated too hard buying a Nivada Leonardo yesterday - I'm seeing double. Hang on, that actually was a second one.

Subtle differences: the first features 'Grenchen' on the dial - #67020 on the back. New one is #67029.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nivada Leonardo da Vinci Data

Having recently developed a craze for this maker/model, I’ve found that there’s very little information available. There’s scope for a good database to address this as, of the three I’ve acquired, there are for example 3 different movements and two variant marque logo styles.

If you own a Nivada LdV would you please send me pics and a note of:

• Watch number

• Number (four digit) on inner face of back cover

• ETA calibre #

• Functionality – i.e. Automatic with quick change date/Automatic with 24hr cycling date change/Manual wind

I hope to create a comprehensive database for ongoing updating/maintenance.

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.

David

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
Re: Nivada Leonardo da Vinci Data

Two threads merged. One should do the trick. If you don't get any more info in this thread, I am afraid you won't get any more at all.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts