WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I didn't know where to place this post as this is my first time on the forum. Please let me know if I should move it to a different category but I thought it fit well in Affordable watches.

A friend has offered to sell me his Nixon 51-30 Chrono Stainless steel watch but its crystal has seen better days and has a noticeable scratch on it. Can anyone tell me if pursuing a new crystal would be reasonable or should I pass this up? I know Nixon doesn't have the prestige as many other brands on this board but I really like the watch design/size. I would be $150 into the watch, for reference new they go for around $250-350.

Any help is much appreciated, I attached a photo of the scratch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply, do you have a link? I looked at their site, didn't see any prices listed, and only found the form to submit for a repair quote.

The watch is technically still under warranty but I want to base my purchase decision not depending on it being covered.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The prices might vary by watch. I would just get a repair quote via the web form or give them a call 888-455-9200. If the cost is more than a third of the cost of the watch I would sell the old one to someone who can live with the scratches/chips on ebay. Then you can and pick up a new one or something else.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
thanks for the quick reply, do you have a link? I looked at their site, didn't see any prices listed, and only found the form to submit for a repair quote.

The watch is technically still under warranty but I want to base my purchase decision not depending on it being covered.
I don't have a link. I think it's under support or something like that. Crystals aren't covered under warranty

Edit :I think you were at the right form

1 - 6 of 6 Posts