WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just noticed that amongst the list of celebrities, no one owns or wears an SO. Although I know that this isn't a measure of a watch, does it somehow mean that it is a less desirable model?

Any comments please?

Glimmer

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,946 Posts
Not in my book. However you don't need confuse function with form. The function of many watches celebs wear is to provide some sort of character defining symbol. If the SO doesn't fit the role then it will be hard to spot. This takes nothing, I mean nothing from its beauty, functionality, toughness, and being the right watch for certain jobs. In fact if you look at the list of celebs and the models they are spotted with its only a very small selection of the available models you could find on release in the Breitling chronolog in any one year .

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Considering the current 'cult of celebrity' that exists these days, and the fashion that seems to exist for companies to continually hurl freebies at said celebrities hoping that the gossip rag reading masses rush out to buy a slice of the 'celebrity image', we should be happy that there are still some celebs out there with an eye for quality timepieces and they're not all wearing the latest bling encrusted D&G or Chanel effort!!

Perhaps you can turn it around and say that if a prominent celeb hasn't picked up on the SO then it remains 'exclusively cool'!

·
Registered
11,826 Posts
Does this count?

Remember the sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond"? In that show, at least some seasons, I beleive his brother wore a Superocean. Not sure if that counts, or it is even correct (think so though) but regardless, the Superocean in a GREAT choice IMHO, only reason I don't own one is deciding between black and blue (the obvious answer of course is to get both!). It is perhaps the best value in the entire Breitling range, and challanges the Rolex Submariner (or even the Sea Dweller) and in some folks eys comes out ahead, even at a list of less than half the price. It is tough, good looking and a great addition to any collection. Hmm, think I need to call Sec...... ;-)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Does this count?

I think both colors are great as well. I also love the non-screw escape valve. It just seems a *bit* too bulky but I guess every watch has something that every wearer must get used to.

Am thinking if this can be worn on formal occasions as well.

Remember the sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond"? In that show, at least some seasons, I beleive his brother wore a Superocean. Not sure if that counts, or it is even correct (think so though) but regardless, the Superocean in a GREAT choice IMHO, only reason I don't own one is deciding between black and blue (the obvious answer of course is to get both!). It is perhaps the best value in the entire Breitling range, and challanges the Rolex Submariner (or even the Sea Dweller) and in some folks eys comes out ahead, even at a list of less than half the price. It is tough, good looking and a great addition to any collection. Hmm, think I need to call Sec...... ;-)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: Does this count?

I think both colors are great as well. I also love the non-screw escape valve. It just seems a *bit* too bulky but I guess every watch has something that every wearer must get used to.

Am thinking if this can be worn on formal occasions as well.
It can most definetly be worn to formal occassions as well. I was at a meeting not so long ago with the company chairperson and I was sporting the SO (steelfish though). with the blue dial. it looked fantastic with a pale blue shirt. really sets the watch apart.

only drawback I can see it that it can be seen as a large watch. its tall and appears to be very very tough, if you do have a small wrist I recommend trying the watch at an AD before commiting to one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts