WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 607 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I'm late to the table on this, but I haven't been on the Hamilton forum in a while. Just saw this on Hamilton's Twitter page. I've been hoping they would do a no-date mechanical. Has this been discussed here before? Couldn't find a post when I searched WUS. Will it be 38 mm? Larger? Smaller?

hamilton tweet 2.jpg

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I think I saw that on instagram recently too, and that it will be 38mm

Reactions: TJ Boogie

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Very cool. I have the normal date version, and sometimes wished it were a no-date. Interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The dial is a near dead ringer for vintage US military issue watches. I like where this is going. I’ll probably get one as I’m a sucker for vintage field watches. In addition, this has the added benefit of being a much more robust and durable movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I don't know how I feel about the vintage lume, but I am happy about the no-date that is true to the originals.
I think it will have the same long lug problem of the khaki mechanical/Nomos Club.
Even though I already have the model with the date window, I might just have to get this!
Hamilton may never make the "Murph Watch", but this is as close to field watch perfection as I can tell.

Reactions: Mathy and HerrNano

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
That, to me anyway, is the archetypal field watch.

Matt case, no date, and I love the crown.

And a sensible size too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is the problem with the lugs on the Khaki Field Mechanical? I haven't owned one, but I'm thinking of getting either the current model or the new one.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
I love my Khaki Mechanical which is now the Mechanical Date I guess. I have to be honest, the dial on the no-date version seems a little busy. The original seems cleaner and less cluttered. Just my opinion.

View attachment 12676963
The original is this one:

And this new version looks more clear than the date version and closer to the original.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Here's a photo—not mine—of an original one.

Looks like they did a pretty good job! I think good call on the upsize to 38mm. I'm going to try to resist getting one.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
I was looking for a GG-W-113 (the USAF version with 17 jewels movement) but perhaps it's better to wait for this one to come.

And I am surprised they find this one "more busy" than the current one, taking into account that besides the Hamilton logo there is nothing on the dial.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The longer lugs make it easy to fit a variety of straps - especially the Nato and Zulu
style and thicker (padded) leather straps.

I like the bead blasted crown on this new version, if I'm seeing it correctly.

John

·
Registered
288 Posts
Any idea if the case back will be see through like the date? I would like that, even if it doesn't match the original/traditional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 607 Posts