WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished The Navigator, Cussler's latest (I think) and I couldn't help but notice he is not wearing his Doxa on the back jacket photo and in the book there are numerous mentions to the characters checking their "wrist watch"--never a brand given.....so has CC fallen out of sorts with Doxa?

just curious.............

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Stan,

It's not a Dirk Pitt adventure so the Doxa isn't mentioned and Clive wears some other watch on the cover. That's just the way it is. Dirk = Doxa :)

Pete

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Yeah, Navigator is not a Dirk Pitt adventure...

Kurt Austin wears a Chronosport if I'm not mistaken, and I think in the first Dirk novel, Dirk had an Omega?

But later, Dirk was given a Doxa by his dad, the senator (I hope i'm getting this right) and then Dirk later gives his son (also named Dirk) his old Doxa, and incidently, Clive's son is also named Dirk.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew this was the place to come for the answer;-) I haven't read but maybe 1 or 2 non Dirk books and didn't notice the difference....

thanks guys:-!

·
Registered
64 Posts
But later, Dirk was given a Doxa by his dad, the senator (I hope i'm getting this right) and then Dirk later gives his son (also named Dirk) his old Doxa, and incidently, Clive's son is also named Dirk.
I think not, Dirk Senior also wears Doxa in Trojan Odyssey where Dirk Junior also wears 300 T which he got from his father. I have imagined this is re-issue 300 T ;-) and Senior is still wearing the old one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts