WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased this from the sales corner and what a dive watch beauty.
Jacques Etoile Atlantis 500m. A dive forum darling from 4-6 years ago and for good reason. This watch oozes quality.
ETA 2824 motor, anti-mag specs to 70,000 a/m, crisp 60 click bezel, smooth as silk and buttery crown screwing and winding action.
Big but reasonable for those that want heft without the stupid watch puck look -
43.5 mm case
Bezel 42.5 mm
47.5 case to bezel
7mm knurled crown
14 mm high
Lug to lug 50mm, 22mm between, 48 mm between screws
Dial view 28mm
The tapering steel bracelet is well fitted and the safety clasp closes with a snap of precision machined steel.
Takes cues from the PRS-2 DN but with case and design differences. Interestingly, Eddie and Jacques had an entertaining pissing match 10 years or so ago over who completed their respective design first. Both built by Fricker.
Just a well machined, well designed, very functional and wearable watch.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Not sure I like the minute hand, but the detail with the bezel and Crown is cool! Congrats!
How about a wristshot? ;-)

-Sent using Rock, Paper and the occasional Scissors-

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
That's a great looking watch. Funny, I just saw another mention of this model the other day, which was the first I'd seen of it. I love the legible dial, bezel, and overall look with the hands which cannot in anyway be misread. If I were still diving, this might be the very watch I'd want on my wrist.

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
meh... doesn't really do anything for me but congrats all the same, I do think that the grippy part of the bezel has a cool design to it

·
Registered
985 Posts
Wow, weird, I just learned about this watch this morning reading an old thread about Fricker cases! Beautiful.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Beauty of a watch! . I used to have the Kenzo Nautilus and loved it. Was a sad day when I resold it. I've recently been looking to re-aquire one of these fricker cased divers!! Enjoy that baby!

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Beautiful watch that I hadn't heard of before. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts