WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Not sure what you mean. There were 16 bids, and BTW the seller seems to indicate it will only sell to Germany (and buyer was from Germany).

It's a nice looking lower end vintage piece, seems to have brought about the right price to me.

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
And as we post at the same time, I see we don't agree on the value ;-). But I am probably thinking lower end, lower price. It is very, very clean looking.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Not sure what you mean. There were 16 bids, and BTW the seller seems to indicate it will only sell to Germany (and buyer was from Germany).

It's a nice looking lower end vintage piece, seems to have brought about the right price to me.
I like those quite a bit and they don't seem to pop up real often. I probably would have paid a bit more for it.......

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Having another look, it is really near mint. I think my initial thoughts on value were a bit low. I certainly think it came out as a good deal for the buyer. Just not really my "cup of tea".

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Having another look, it is really near mint. I think my initial thoughts on value were a bit low. I certainly think it came out as a good deal for the buyer. Just not really my "cup of tea".
I know exactly what you mean. I am definitely more of a "Auto" man now. I usually will not even look at a Quartz. It really sucks being a Doxaholic because I will look at----and most times try to buy-----something (anything) that is Doxa......

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I have ebay set up to show only US auctions as...

my experience with overseas shipping has been very poor.
Actually, Doxa's use of Fedex Intl overnight is the only service which has been reliable for me. I've had a couple watches stolen from their packages while enroute, so I usually stay away from intl deals.
just my experience.
DW

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Re: I have ebay set up to show only US auctions as...

my experience with overseas shipping has been very poor.
Actually, Doxa's use of Fedex Intl overnight is the only service which has been reliable for me. I've had a couple watches stolen from their packages while enroute, so I usually stay away from intl deals.
just my experience.
DW
Sometimes it is the only way to get a fantastic piece. I say get it insured, and hope for the best. I know I took a chance, but it was the only way to get this....

·
Registered
363 Posts
hey, quit easing me with your aqualung lol, ;-)

I guess I have been lucky with international dealsI've had no problems and everything has worked out greateven two watches from Israel arrived at my door in four daysthat doxa it is a very nice-looking watchI would've loved to add that to my collection Robert

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yeah it was cheap - not often you see that type of bezel for sale.

Being quartz put me off.. plus i've already got an AquaLung... :-d

Cheers,
David.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts