WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received my new SNZF17 at work this morning, and no one here seem to understand let alone, join in on, my excitement! :-x I feel when i get home the situation will be the same! :-s

I thought i might get more sympathy here! :think:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
very nice ! if i saw that at work it would lead to a very interested conversation hehe.. noone loves the watches like we do!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly!

There is only one guy i have been able to chat seikos to at work, and strangely we both started on the same day when we were both wearing a SMY003P, and both had a SKX007, bit freaky really!

Since then i've added a SKA371, then this was my last purchase.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
congrats on the new purchase! wear it in good health and as long as your watch makes you happy really doesnt matter what others think.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll join in your excitement Stuart. I recently purchased the "Sea Urchin" also. I don't usually expect anyone to notice my watches (including my UN Marine Chronometer), although I did get comments recently on my Riseman G-Shock. Don't feel underwhelmed, the "Sea Urchin" is an honest, low cost and seemingly well build watch. Mine runs -15 seconds a day which I will probably get adjusted in a few weeks. The quality is great for the price ($89.00 on e-bay) and the lume lasts all night, which I like.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I deliberated for some time whether to buy the snzf17 or the skx009 and finally decided on the 'Urchin', then that makes 3 seikos with a black bezel so i can have one on rubber, one on leather and one on metal, is that sad?! My girlfriend seems to think so!

I didn't help my case when i said that i was actually still going to buy the 009 next year to have the variety with Pepsi bezels!!!

Also although i know the Urchin is at the cheaper end of the spectrum in terms of seiko divers (or diver looking watches) i am impressed with the initial look and feel of it for the money.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's been 2 weeks now and no one at work has noticed that i've replaced my jubilee with a leather strap on my skx007....

Reactions: neurogenesis

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Sharp watch! I'm jealous. Do you plan on wearing it with the stock bracelet or something else? I like the idea of the Sea Urchin on a Bond Nato.

I've just received my new SNZF17 at work this morning, and no one here seem to understand let alone, join in on, my excitement! :-x I feel when i get home the situation will be the same! :-s

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was planning on leaving with the stock metal on, but i might try the brown leather strap from my skx007 on it, one of them will be leather and the other will be metal. I'm not a big fan of the nato, but i might have to get one to try... i didn't like vegetables until i tried them, natos maybe the same!

Skx007 on leather.

Sharp watch! I'm jealous. Do you plan on wearing it with the stock bracelet or something else? I like the idea of the Sea Urchin on a Bond Nato.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,921 Posts

That's a good looking watch but if you buy them to be noticed; you're going to be sadly disappointed.
The only place you will get to really share your excitement is here on the forums where there are lots of like minded folks :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I like it, but don't feel bad most of my friends can't see spending over $20 on a watch so they'd never understand someone who'd spend $200+ on a watch much less thousands on something like a Grand Seiko. ;-)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I like it, but don't feel bad most of my friends can't see spending over $20 on a watch so they'd never understand someone who'd spend $200+ on a watch much less thousands on something like a Grand Seiko. ;-)
I have a friend who was complaining about how the cheap no-name digital he wears (he's a runner and places a high value on having digital with a stop watch function) is partially broken and that every time he gets one, they break. I suggested he "splurge" on a Casio, and he looked at me like I just told him he needed to by a Jaguar.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had my eye on the SNZF17 as well. That's a nice looking watch!
I have a 009 with a similar strap to your 007, is that a bomber leather from Panatime?

I was more interested in "true" divers for a while, so the non screw down crown and 100m depth rating of the Sea Urchin turned me off, but then I realized I don't really need a 200m depth rating and the Sea Urchin just looks so good! Wear in good health and enjoy your purchase, even if those around you don't appreciate quality watches!
Jason

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
I have a friend who was complaining about how the cheap no-name digital he wears (he's a runner and places a high value on having digital with a stop watch function) is partially broken and that every time he gets one, they break. I suggested he "splurge" on a Casio, and he looked at me like I just told him he needed to by a Jaguar.
White Line art Black-and-white Black Head

Man, you're friend needs to get Gshock. That thing will last forever and a day.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SACRILIDGE! Those people don't deserve to be in the same room as your 007. :-d:-d:-d
That's just about what i thought... it is definitely all of the other people that are the crazy ones!

...isn't it?!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've had my eye on the SNZF17 as well. That's a nice looking watch!
I have a 009 with a similar strap to your 007, is that a bomber leather from Panatime?

I was more interested in "true" divers for a while, so the non screw down crown and 100m depth rating of the Sea Urchin turned me off, but then I realized I don't really need a 200m depth rating and the Sea Urchin just looks so good! Wear in good health and enjoy your purchase, even if those around you don't appreciate quality watches!
Jason
No, its a Bob Vertigo in Coconut, I quite like the idea of brown leather on 009 but i've not seen many, does your combo work ok? I had the same reservation about the screw down crown but i'm pleased i didn't let it put me off. Only one of my divers has every been diving, my ska371, and i reckon this sea urchin would manage that 15m depth... it was deep enough for me!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts