WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
If your wearing your watch 2 weeks every month and always having to do this I can see where that can lead to excessive wear and tear but for most of us it an advantage not having to hack the seconds to set the time when traveling a few timezones etc. maybe invest in a winder?
I suppose I could also wear the watches in 2-week shifts instead of 1. That would at least mean that I'm only adjusting the date for a couple days at the start of each cycle.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It is my understanding the quick jump hour was made to be rotated back (unlike when using the minute hand to set the date on a non-jump hour watch). If it's the 9th and the watch says its the 7th you just rotate back two days rather than forward 29.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes I have an AT and the date definitely goes backwards. To the OP I dont think either the effort of the wear and tear is really a concern. Movements are meant to be moved, and these watches are built to last for decades. If you are rotating your watches they get less “wear and tear” anyway. Don’t worry just choose the watch that moves YOU the most.. :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts