WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just received my first Stowa today. It's a Marine Original with Roman numerals and a matte case. The watch is beautiful! But it's missing the Stowa logo on the face. The case, the movement and the band all have the name on them. I have to say, though, the watch doesn't look complete without the name on the face. (And I don't mean to be a label freak, but I was really looking forward to showing off the Stowa name.) Has this happened to anyone else? Is this something new that Jörg is doing? Or could it be some kind of oversight (maybe due to the move)? Any ideas?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I presume, you are the lucky owner of a watch with a prototype dial! :-!
STOWA will change it, if you want - but do you really want??

Volker

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi,

I just received my first Stowa today. It's a Marine Original with Roman numerals and a matte case. The watch is beautiful! But it's missing the Stowa logo on the face. The case, the movement and the band all have the name on them. I have to say, though, the watch doesn't look complete without the name on the face. (And I don't mean to be a label freak, but I was really looking forward to showing off the Stowa name.) Has this happened to anyone else? Is this something new that Jörg is doing? Or could it be some kind of oversight (maybe due to the move)? Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Cool...post a pic, would you?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I think it is more valuable now if it turns out to be a mistake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, everyone!

Here are a few shots of the face without the Stowa logo. I wish the quality of the pics was better but they'll give you a pretty good idea. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I think it's pretty cool to have a face that has only numbers and no text (except for the Made in Germany at the very bottom, of course).

Happy Easter!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Wow I think it looks so much better without the logo. Much classier for a Roman dial. DONT TOUCH IT! If/when I get a Roman MO I might request the same thing.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Bizarre. It looks really good, but I'm surprised something like that could make it into the wild without being noticed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
SUPER! leave it like that!!!
C

·
0 Posts
Totally agree... without the logo it looks a little like an unbranded Chinese affair <|
I was thinking the same thing.

It does make me wonder how it passed quality control?
Wow, this reminds me of some man who bought a 1911 Colt handgun and nobody notice that the horse was missing on the slide until a customer bought it. Is it normal for this to happen on watches?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi, everyone!

Here are a few shots of the face without the Stowa logo. I wish the quality of the pics was better but they'll give you a pretty good idea. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I think it's pretty cool to have a face that has only numbers and no text (except for the Made in Germany at the very bottom, of course).

Happy Easter!
Interesting.

Limited version.

Does Stowa do it purposely ... to see the feedback of new design?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts