WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,815 Posts

Not sure what this is all about now. I agree it would be weird for Q to wear a swatch but Swatch have definitely milked the Bond connection if its not on screen. Im wondering if they shot a NTTD advert for the watch where Q WAS wearing one. Ill keep an eye open for it when I get around to seeing the film (when its released on Blu-ray-ray)
It's peeking out from under his sleeve at times in this:

Also here, but it looks like a second- or third-gen video, so it's not as clear:

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Okay, I watched it. I'm all about Aston Martin in this film.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I
I had been thinking about the NTTD Seamaster for many months. Saw the movie Saturday. Could not resist. Ordered the watch (on the Nato) yesterday.
Nice!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I had been thinking about the NTTD Seamaster for many months. Saw the movie Saturday. Could not resist. Ordered the watch (on the Nato) yesterday.
Congrats and enjoy! And, post pictures of course

I have it on the bracelet but did order the NATO strap separately. Shame they didn’t bundle it. Still haven’t tried it on the strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Although I'm an Omega enthusiast and there were plenty of them in the movie, I do appreciate the more subtle product placement approach in NTTD.

Probably a conscious decision by the director and producers.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Saw the movie. There are a couple of great close-up scenes of the watch. One in particular is when (*not a spoiler as this won't make sense if you haven't seen the movie) Bond is bowing in front of the bad guy saying sorry. Bond's head is right next to his wrist. However, I noticed that every time there appeared to be a close-up of the watch - including this scene - the watch looked noticeably blurred. Admittedly, it wasn't the focal point of the scene. But after noticing the blurring, I started paying attention to other "non-focal points" of other scenes. Handrails as people are running up or down stairs. Doors that are to the side of characters. Glasses on tables. Etc. All of these things are in focus ...but Bond's watch is never in focus. Does anyone know why they would purposefully blur the watch out?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does anyone know why they would purposefully blur the watch out?
I don’t have the answer but here’s one guess.

Maybe with re-shoots (including from what I heard they had to re-edit scenes because of the time it took to release the movie because of COVID), maybe it’s to ensure continuity?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Even when Q laid the watch flat before giving it to Bond, a relative closeup, it appeared blurred! Someone earlier in the thread thought it was on the NATO and I thought it was on the mesh, so that gives you an idea how blurred the shot was. Maybe they were using a pre-production prototype? Still, the blurring is odd - they could have re-shot or edited some of the scenes after the fact.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Agreed; saw the movie twice. No decent closeups of any of the watches. Didn’t see the NATO either but could’ve missed it. Bond’s watch had a role for sure but we never really got the usual one or two gratuitous shots. Bit of a bummer.

It's almost as if the filmmakers made an entire movie with characters and a plot, not a 2 hour 45 minute commercial for Omega...

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
They should have had all the bad guys wearing Rolexes and Breitlings.

I think they do in real life.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cheapest way to find out all the details of the watches used in the movie is to go to your nearest AD, pick up an NTTD and they slip you the snazzy special edition magazine that showcases not just the watches but all the key players, places and, yes, the DB…okay, maybe it’s not the cheapest route but I’m not complaining…
Watch Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
After seeing the movie for the second time -- and it remains in my mind as one of the top 007 movies of all time -- here are some more watch observations:

Q definitely wears the Swatch Q edition. It can be best seen when he is hacking a certain artifact recovered from Blofeld. Black strap with typical Swatch case attachment, silver metal case, red accents around the dial:

Felix Leiter is less obvious. Nothing can be seen in the bar scene. When Bond and Leiter are in the lower deck of that ship or sea platform, it looks like Felix has a large-diameter black-dial steel-cased Speedmaster on a black strap. There are only two such options:

Any guesses which one it was? I think it was more likely the plainer black-and-white.

The State Department guy towards the very end also wears some large diameter dark dial watch, not clear what. M's right hand guy in the indoor scenes has a white or silver dial watch on, also unclear what. As for Bond, his watch is always on the mesh. The closeup when Q is about to give him back the watch has some copper wiring on the lower side of the mesh which makes it look like the NATO - it is not. Q flips the watch and it is clear that it is on the mesh. What a gorgeous watch!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

This is a pretty good video of all the Omega worn by Brosnan and Craig. I don't know if it has been mentioned but it looks like there was a brief appearance by the Aqua Terra in NTTD. NTTD started at 8:37, the Aqua Terra pics around 9:15. I kinda like the the AT :)

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Silver

41 - 55 of 55 Posts