WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Omega has asked to stop taking orders on the Titanium on Titanium NTTD watches. We think that they have ended/or are planning to end production. So, we are watching prices rise as opposed to drop.
That seems odd considering they have stated officially that it will be in production until the next Bond movie and are still featuring it prominently on their site’s main page. Could it not be that they are just behind in keeping up with demand and are trying to avoid orders piling up while they catch up?

·
Premium Member
Rolex MG Green/Black, DSSD JC, SD43 Mk I, PAM176, 1305, 778, Omega PP, SeaMaster300, MoonPhase
1,919 Posts
I just received the stinking Nato for it as I am a "completist" and want options. Also, I posit that the strap will not be available "forever." As with most Nato straps, I don't have enough material to tuck under the keeper so I get the look as shown. Still, I like it but it probably will spend more time on the bracelet. As far as the cost: I buy what I like and don't dwell on future value or how long it will be produced. No one knows.

Textile Musical instrument Pattern Denim Electric blue

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Font

·
Registered
12,545 Posts
I just received the stinking Nato for it as I am a "completist" and want options. Also, I posit that the strap will not be available "forever." As with most Nato straps, I don't have enough material to tuck under the keeper so I get the look as shown. Still, I like it but it probably will spend more time on the bracelet. As far as the cost: I buy what I like and don't dwell on future value or how long it will be produced. No one knows.

View attachment 16259432

View attachment 16259433
Looks killer on the NATO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

View attachment 16259432

View attachment 16259433
I said exactly the same thing when I ordered mine. I’m a completist. Really it should’ve been bundled but c’est la vie.

Either way, looks smashing on the strap and you wear it well. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Anyone else have this issue? Per chance, the perfect fit for me is the 4th hole from the case and on that specific hole, the clasp hinge touches the end of the mesh strap and jams it up. I would have to push the strap away to fully release the clasp. Ughhhh. Bad design!

View attachment 16244684

View attachment 16244683

View attachment 16244686
Hi there. This is concerning! Would you mind letting us know whether you have the short or standard version of the milanese bracelet and what your wrist size is? I’m about to take delivery of mine and would like to avoid that from happening if possible. At first I thought the shorter bracelet is the way to go but perhaps that’s wrong if the result is what you’ve shown us. I have a 7” wrist.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Hi there. This is concerning! Would you mind letting us know whether you have the short or standard version of the milanese bracelet and what your wrist size is? I’m about to take delivery of mine and would like to avoid that from happening if possible. At first I thought the shorter bracelet is the way to go but perhaps that’s wrong if the result is what you’ve shown us. I have a 7” wrist.

Thank you
Standard bracelet. Wrist size is about 7" depending on where you measure (on or off the bone). Probably going to sell the watch soon as the bracelet is uncomfortable for me and I think the watch looks cheap on any other strap.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Standard bracelet. Wrist size is about 7" depending on where you measure (on or off the bone). Probably going to sell the watch soon as the bracelet is uncomfortable for me and I think the watch looks cheap on any other strap.
Sounds like you're who the short bracelet was made for; if you like the watch otherwise, it might be worthwhile to order one.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Inspired by another recently released titanium diver, I've swapped the bracelet for a velcro "self-gripping fastening system" strap.

View attachment 16262486
Nice shot, I like how the dial looks closer to black in that photo. Most photos it appears very light in color, it's reminiscent of the grey dial on the Steinhart OVM 2.0, where it looked very grey in some light and almost black in other light.

As I see more of this watch I like it more. I just don't want to give up 4 watches to buy one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thank you so much for this info. I have the same size wrist and am gonna go for the short length milanese so I don’t run into that issue. I really appreciate the insight.

By the way, if you like the watch itself you might consider the short bracelet too, like DadLife suggested. I’ve heard Omega have even swapped them out for people, maybe who have the issue you do with that fourth hole…

Sounds like you're who the short bracelet was made for; if you like the watch otherwise, it might be worthwhile to order one.

·
Registered
Omega Speedmaster Professional 3861
113 Posts
Good evening fine people of the forum,

I was passing an Omega AD near me last week and I saw two NTTD SMPs in the window - one on the NATO and one on the mesh bracelet.

I’d seen pictures and liked the look of the watch but never seen one in the flesh. Within moments I was sat at a table with a cup of tea and some watches in front of me.

Initial thoughts are that the watch head is superbly done. The build quality seems excellent to me, the details are impressive and though I usually hate modern watches that try to look vintage, this looked good and was done well. I even liked the complete lack of weight courtesy of all that lovely titanium.

However.... I like a NATO only the odd day here and there, so I’d never entertain a NATO-only watch and though I can appreciate the craft of the mesh bracelet, truth is, I hate how it looks and how it wears. To me, it breaks up the watch, so it doesn’t flow visually. To each their own, of course.

So it left me wishing it came on a basketweave bracelet, similar to the core SMP. I think I’d buy one on the spot in that configuration.

So all in all, great watch, really well done, impressive styling but a fail of a selection of bracelets for my specific tastes.

I do wonder - how many people feel similarly?

On a tangential note, does anyone here own one and have you put it on a rubber strap? Do you have any photos?
Tried it on in a boutique. Completely loved it, but I think it’s overpriced. Also the presentation “box” (there is none) is dissapointing.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Tried it on in a boutique. Completely loved it, but I think it’s overpriced. Also the presentation “box” (there is none) is dissapointing.
I’ve tried it on a few times now.….just to be sure. I really want to like it. But the truth is that it just isn’t. I love the weight, the head design is great…. But I can’t get in with the bracelet or the strap. I wish it came with the traditional ornate basket weave bracelet. In Ti of course.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Anyone have pics of the NTD on a OEM rubber strap?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The strap on the standard SMP doesn’t fit due to the position of the lugs holes on the NTTD being different.

Ah crap, thanks for letting me know. Well, I think that settles this one for me then. Bit of a shame. Nato and shark mesh didn't fit great on my tiny wrist, was hoping the rubber would deliver the look and the fit. Oh well.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looks great and I bet it’s super comfy to wear too.
Yes, the velcro strap surprised me on how good it wore, and is now one of my favorite combinations on this watch. I think it suits smaller wrist sizes as well, which is a bonus.

I still love the OEM bracelet best though and, FWIW, I found that wearing the mesh bracelet backwards worked better for me as it contoured better on my unusually shaped wrist.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes, the velcro strap surprised me on how good it wore, and is now one of my favorite combinations on this watch. I think it suits smaller wrist sizes as well, which is a bonus.

I still love the OEM bracelet best though and, FWIW, I found that wearing the mesh bracelet backwards worked better for me as it contoured better on my unusually shaped wrist.
I’m a fellow Bond nerd who took the plunge on the NTTD. I’ve gone back and forth on it since I first laid eyes on the stock images. Couldn’t pass it up as I hear that they could be drying up and I didn’t want to be left chasing the flippidy doo doos. Better to have it BNIB from an AD.

Would you mind sharing where you found that vel.. I mean, hook and loop strap?

201 - 220 of 242 Posts