WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ordered from him before?I bought a few items from him he emailed me to say they would be mailed the following day.That is all I have got from him so far.Is this the norm for him?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yeah he's a busy guy, I guess. Shipping from HK just naturally takes a while, and once it's in the system, there's not really anything to do but wait. Everything I've ordered from him is a quality product. I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Yep, that's been my experience. He's never let me down though. No worries.

·
Registered
265 Posts
+1 on Noah being a great seller. I picked up an awesome SOXA dial for a project that has now morphed into my Restoration Challenge Game entry. Delivered with no problems.

I'll be ordering more Challenge bits from Noah in the next week or so and wouldn't hesitate to order more in the future.

·
Registered
417 Posts
controlguy or control freak ? ahha just joking ...
When did yo buy the items ..?
in all cases I send a quike e-mail to say I will ship the next day when you order and that is basicaly within three days and then I send an e-mail with the actual date it was shipped my last shipping date was this Sunday I'm sure your order was with it or it will go out today ...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Also thx for the kind words ...

I'm a primary school teacher from 7:30 to 4:30 so I always try my best to get the mail out within three days of an order ...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
"Fast and friendly"... that's my impression of the chap. :-d

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Noah is a good guy and a very competent seller with a very good reputation on this and many other forums. Shoot him an e-mail or a PM, he'll reply. don't forget that he's in a different time zone, so give him time to get back to you. I wouldn't be worried.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Also thx for the kind words ...

I'm a primary school teacher from 7:30 to 4:30 so I always try my best to get the mail out within three days of an order ...

Hi, I'm a secundary teacher in Spain. Nice to meet you. Probably we will have business to talk about in a couple of weeks
See you

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Guys

No problem I understand.:-! Read alot of good things about you.By the way control refers to my line of work. I am a automation tech.Just so anyone anyone doesnt have any strange ideas about me.:)

·
Registered
7,035 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Must be a very busy guy. I cant get him to reply to any of my emails. I finially messaged him through ebay and he replied back. Now after purchase on his website he replied he was out of stock (through ebay message) I emailed him with an alternative and again no reply. I'm not sure his email works??? I'll try him again through ebay.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry to resurrect and hijack this slightly old thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread for my quick question...

I've been thinking about buying a sapphire crystal for my SKX007 from either Noah or Harold (yobokies). Noah's is $25 dollars and Harold's is quite a bit more, even though they seem exactly the same - both are flat sapphire with a blue-tinted AR coating on the underside. I know they both have great reputations, but I'm just wondering if there is a quality difference between the two crystals?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been thinking about buying a sapphire crystal for my SKX007 from either Noah or Harold (yobokies). Noah's is $25 dollars and Harold's is quite a bit more, even though they seem exactly the same - both are flat sapphire with a blue-tinted AR coating on the underside. I know they both have great reputations, but I'm just wondering if there is a quality difference between the two crystals?
Excellent question; though I am interested in their domed versions for my SKX007, I have been wondering the same thing myself. I am hoping someone can and will enlighten us.

Also, Yao's is even more expensive, so I wonder how different his is.

I found some images of a Noah crystal that distorts the dial a lot from certain angles: http://www.larrybiggs.net/scwf/index.php?mod=103&action=1&id=1216132805. I am very curious about the differences in the shape of the crystals from the various sources. Does anyone have some information on this subject?

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Excellent question; though I am interested in their domed versions for my SKX007, I have been wondering the same thing myself. I am hoping someone can and will enlighten us.

Also, Yao's is even more expensive, so I wonder how different his is.

I found some images of a Noah crystal that distorts the dial a lot from certain angles: http://www.larrybiggs.net/scwf/index.php?mod=103&action=1&id=1216132805. I am very curious about the differences in the shape of the crystals from the various sources. Does anyone have some information on this subject?
The description shows domed crystal, which could cause the distortions.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The problem in the pictures you linked to might be normal, since curved crystals cause distortion of the light coming through them. The more curved they are, the more distortion at extreme angles. But who knows... Maybe Noah himself will come here and shed some light. Anyway, I decided I would use a flat crystal because I thought it would look a bit cleaner on the 007.

I believe Yao's is more expensive because it is domed on both sides, and he says it is 100% Swiss made.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts