WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

How Many NOMOS Watches do you currently own?

• 0 - But that won't last for long

Votes: 25 39.1%

Votes: 29 45.3%

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • 3 or More

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 - Don't know what the fuss is, not really interested in ever owning a NOMOS watch.

Votes: 2 3.1%
1 - 20 of 2824 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As there seems to be a group of "regulars" on the NOMOS threads which are opened, it seems like a General Discussion thread where we can get together without having to worry about staying "on topic" would be of value. So if you want to talk anything NOMOS or just talk to other NOMOS fans, we have a place. Might want to talk about NOMOS watches you own, or are "shopping", or lament a watch you bought and then discovered, hey I could have had a NOMOS instead. Or quick questions. Or come in and introduce your self if you are new to NOMOS. Or how your Soccer, errrrr Football, Team is doing in the Word Cup. If this was not a need, then the thread will sink to the bottom of German Watches never to be heard of again.

To get us started, a poll (see above).

·
Registered
16,358 Posts
Owned 5, now with just the Ludwig . . .

Reactions: MZhammer

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,866 Posts
What's the plural form of Nomos? Nomoii?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I own 2 Nomos or Nomii :think: They are a club 36mm & a tangomat ruthenium. the wife is taking the club so i guess i am stuck with the tangomat ;-) Wish there was a dedicated nomos forum in wus

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I had 1 and I still have 1.
Don't think it'll change anytime soon, as I live by a 1 watch per brand rule.

Reactions: gatormac

·
Premium Member
8,028 Posts
Just one, a one month old Orion Weiss which keeps excellent time.

I take this oppotunity to report an odd thing: two days ago I wore my Orion with its factory strap throughout the day then took it off before showering. When I was ready to go to bed a few hours later I put on a watch with a good lume for the night and as usual I shot an UV flashlight at it to charge the lume. To my surprise my left wrist showed a bright orange strip in the place where the Orion strap has been. The strip was visible only with a UV light.
It is the first time I notice something like this, while I have used the UV flaslight for some years now just for the purpose of charging the lume. I wonder what kind of stuff the Nomos strap left on my wrist, it took a few days and a corresponding number of showers to stop seeing the orange band.

This does not worry me a bit, I am not a health fanatic, but I am just curious about it because I never experienced such a thing before.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Just one, a one month old Orion Weiss which keeps excellent time.

I take this oppotunity to report an odd thing: two days ago I wore my Orion with its factory strap throughout the day then took it off before showering. When I was ready to go to bed a few hours later I put on a watch with a good lume for the night and as usual I shot an UV flashlight at it to charge the lume. To my surprise my left wrist showed a bright orange strip in the place where the Orion strap has been. The strip was visible only with a UV light.
It is the first time I notice something like this, while I have used the UV flaslight for some years now just for the purpose of charging the lume. I wonder what kind of stuff the Nomos strap left on my wrist, it took a few days and a corresponding number of showers to stop seeing the orange band.

This does not worry me a bit, I am not a health fanatic, but I am just curious about it because I never experienced such a thing before.
Nothing to be concerned about...this is just residue from the plutonium. Horween bathes the leather in a radioactive solution of sorts to soften the leather. I've started growing a small finger out of my left wrist where my strap sits. It's mildly uncomfortable, but a great conversation starter!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Love NOMOS in all it's forms. Currently got a Tangente but waiting (impatiently) for an Orion Rose to arrive. It should hopefully be here by the end of the week. There is just something very special about NOMOS watches. If funds ever recover from these purchases I will definitely consider another. The Metro is winking at me!

·
Premium Member
8,028 Posts
Nothing to be concerned about...this is just residue from the plutonium. Horween bathes the leather in a radioactive solution of sorts to soften the leather. I've started growing a small finger out of my left wrist where my strap sits. It's mildly uncomfortable, but a great conversation starter!
I am quite relieved in learning this, thanks. I believed that at Horween they used another type of stuff to treat the leather and give it that rich and warm colour ... although I could not explain the orange glow ...

Soil Grass Geologist's hammer Geology Plant

:-d

·
Registered
428 Posts
Reactions: anaplian

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like the nomos club 36, but the lack of display case back is bugging me to the point where I might not buy the watch because of it, but I love everything else about it. I dont know if I should buy it anyway or wait and buy a higher end nomos or another brand.

Reactions: futurepx

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I am severely bummed with the removal of the club dunkel manu wind. It was top on my list.
TKnova, this is for my learning. All of my mechanical watches are automatics, haven't even ever thought to purchase a manual wind watch. One thing that did pop out with NOMOS is they have a good number of manual watches. What is the allure of the manual over that automatic that you would not consider say the Club Datum Dunkel which seems to get good reviews here and elsewhere?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have never owned a manual before and I'd Like to try one out. I tend to really only wear one watch for long periods, so winding it every morning or night does not seem luke much of an issue for me. The second factor is price, it is a pretty big step up from the manual club 36 to the auto dunkel datum.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I like the nomos club 36, but the lack of display case back is bugging me to the point where I might not buy the watch because of it, but I love everything else about it. I dont know if I should buy it anyway or wait and buy a higher end nomos or another brand.
I remember some owners had success asking Nomos to build them display caseback versions of the 36mm Club. The Club Dunkel used to be available with a display back and it would fit with the light-dial Club.

Btw, if you're keen to go used, here's a nice piece at a good price: Nomos Glashutte, 36mm "Club" Ref.701 manual winding in Steel | Passions Watch Exchange - Singapore 2nd Hand Watch Dealer

1 - 20 of 2824 Posts