WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

· Registered
4,153 Posts
They are scaling up, and developing some really nice mechanical movements and really challenging the notion that a movement of such quality needs to be in watches costing twice as much. I too heard from their rep during an event that they are going to supply their movements to other manufacturers and hence availability of parts and movements should not be a concern for anyone.

My only gripe with Nomos is the monotony of their dial designs. You look at their display case and its a sea of silver with similar sizes, looks and styles with some different fonts (Over-simplication I know, but I think folks will get what I am saying).

Having one, I really find it hard to find the motivation to buy another one, but thats not the case with say IWC, Omega, JLC, Breitling, Tudor etc who have different styles and series that keep the brand interesting for more than one purchase.

I really wish they would diversify their overall design and come out with a really "NEW" watch, something completely different, a different style, different type of dial, layout and overall design.The Club is pretty much the only watch that looks different in their line up and the automatic version of it looks ungainly and mis-proportioned.

/End rant, please Nomos bring the DW3001 in something totally new! pretty please!

· Registered
5,534 Posts
They are scaling up, and developing some really nice mechanical movements and really challenging the notion that a movement of such quality needs to be in watches costing twice as much. I too heard from their rep during an event that they are going to supply their movements to other manufacturers and hence availability of parts and movements should not be a concern for anyone.

My only gripe with Nomos is the monotony of their dial designs. You look at their display case and its a sea of silver with similar sizes, looks and styles with some different fonts (Over-simplication I know, but I think folks will get what I am saying).

Having one, I really find it hard to find the motivation to buy another one, but thats not the case with say IWC, Omega, JLC, Breitling, Tudor etc who have different styles and series that keep the brand interesting for more than one purchase.

I really wish they would diversify their overall design and come out with a really "NEW" watch, something completely different, a different style, different type of dial, layout and overall design.The Club is pretty much the only watch that looks different in their line up and the automatic version of it looks ungainly and mis-proportioned.

/End rant, please Nomos bring the DW3001 in something totally new! pretty please!
Well, there is nothing out there quite like a Metro, in my opinion.

· Registered
100 Posts
Well, there is nothing out there quite like a Metro, in my opinion.
+1: the Gangreserve Datum is such a coherent design through and through for a busy metropolitan person who commutes, catching the train the metro gives the perfect precision and focus to the minutes with the red lacquered urgency of the seconds sub dial. But then with all of that new design to somehow pull off the feel of a vintage watch with the slim profile, wire lugs and simple strap is beautiful.

And according to their site and pictures even their Lambda has a nivarox spring not their swing system, despite their DUW movement name.

The metro seems to me the only 110% Original Nomos design front side and back side throughout. I gain so much satisfaction from wearing it every day, more than any other piece.

· Premium Member
24,181 Posts
I am just curious, when or whether NOMOS is going to release a movement to allow central second hand.
If it comes, then I would seriously consider a purchase...
If they do, I would check if it is a directly driven as opposed to indirectly driven central seconds hand.

· Registered
8,763 Posts
If they do, I would check if it is a directly driven as opposed to indirectly driven central seconds hand.
With high quality movements, the one drawback of indirect seconds, hand stutter, is slim to none. Well cared for Elgins from the 1940s run pretty smooth.

Even in lower brands it isn't too big a deal, For the two or three years I wore Vostoks, I never noticed a stutter.

· Registered
100 Posts
My Metro purchased at the end of June just stopped. Took it into Tourneau (the good sales person I had bought it from wasn't in) and the clerk looked at it and asked if the battery was just dead. Then the assistant manager said a MINIMUM of 2 months to repair- so minimally about 10% of the entire warranty period! And she wrote the movement model number down as the serial number... I'm glad I paid 10.25% Chicago sales tax for a "best-in-class customer service experience." This is why retail is dying.

Stowa fixed the inconsistent Chronograph in my Flieger Chrono, in little more than a week or so. I just wrote Nomos saying two months on a new watch is unacceptable for a number of reasons, last of which I want my only non-sporty watch for the holidays. I'm hoping they can fix it quicker and ship it to me while I spend a month in northern Italy for the holidays.

Reactions: mgp123

· Banned
131 Posts
I'm hoping they can fix it quicker and ship it to me while I spend a month in northern Italy for the holidays.
First world problems ;)

Did you have a better experience dealing directly with NOMOS? I find that I usually receive better customer service when dealing directly with the manufacturer than an AD. NOMOS is out of Germany, and since you bought it in Chicago I doubt the employees you dealt with were hired by NOMOS. I don't feel like you should let you experience reflect too strongly on NOMOS. But it should reflect harshly on Tourneau.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.